? can i add WIFI 6 to my AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop

can i replace the wifi card in my Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop, 14.0" FHD Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U

with a WiFi 6E Wireless Card Intel AX411 NGW M.2 ?

im currently running on linux the pop-os 22.04lts with the xanmod main stable kernel

If you can find shots of people opening it up to make sure the wifi card is slotted I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to. I was worried aswell about a laptop BIOS being locked down to just some specific devices. But that practice seems to be very rarely used on laptops, especially consumer ones.
Once you’re sure there’s a mini PCIe slot to put it in get it on Amazon and see if it works or not.

1 Like

Having done this on other laptops, you’ll want to find a service manual (Hardware Maintenance Manual, in lenovo-speak) for your laptop by model number. Given the Amazon listing, that would be ‎82HU00JWUS.

For this one specifically, having followed the above ( got me to here, but double check with your model: laptops and netbooks :: flex series :: flex 5 14alc05 :: 82hu - Lenovo Support US) – does look like the WiFi card is an M.2 e-key card, so it should fit. Whether or not it works will depend on whether or not they’re whitelisting devices, though.

1 Like

heres my current status an issues