Can halogen bulb flicker?

Hi. Yesterday i was in bathroom. And halogen bulb flicker for 1 second. Is this possible and why it flicker? Thx

Bulb looking something like that:

No, this isn’t possible. Halogen bulbs use a new quantun tunneling technology where it is impossible to prevent it from producing light, even by interrupting the power to it. You should be able to unplug it completely and it should not ‘flicker’. The only way to stop a Halogen bulb is to completely annihilate it on an atomic level. :+1:

7 Likes

you joke?

1 Like

Halogen lamps are incandescent, so their output can vary as fast as the temperature of the filament can change, which IME is quite fast. So if the power to it stutters, you’ll perceive a flicker. Faulty wiring or connections can cause this… it might pay to check it out.

3 Likes

But it flicker once , so i have faulty wiring?

You might not, or you might.

Worth a check either way.

That looks like possibly a G4 form factor? 50W? … that’s about a 1000lm, … you should probably order an LED somewhere online to replace it.

The only possible explaination in which an incandescent buld flicker is a voltage drop inside your house. In any other case it’s just a filament that’s being heated up so it’s output is constant.

1 Like

I’ve had flickering halogens because the two small measly wires don’t sit quite right in the receptacle. When the bulb is cold give it a wiggle and a push and it should make a better connection.

It’s the chinese government using quantum tunneling tech to listen in via the vibrations of the glass

The dang commies are stealing our free electrons too now!

1 Like

i think you best get a screw driver…
unplug everything.
then take the screwdriver and removed the screws from the light housing.
extract it and pull the bulb.
you have 2 choices…
a multi meter.
or your tongue.

either way connect one end of the wire to the plug.
test continuity by placing the needle sensors on each of the wires
or put both wires on either side of your tounge…
you might hear some buzzing…
thats normal…
now you should start seeing lights…
what colour?..
blue is good…
green ok…
red means your ears are bleeding and you have a voltage problem so stop licking the wires.
dont worry about the burnt hair smell it will clear if you open a window.

:wink:

1 Like

is that because Sew displays troll-like behavior?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.