Cables? Managed!

Alright, this isn’t my creation but it’s so damn good I had to make a post.

https://www.printables.com/model/233134-customizable-cable-comb/files

It’s a tiny OpenSCAD script that, by changing a few parameters, will create custom cable clips/combs for you. I’ve used it for everything between and including a group of 5 9mm thick power cables to AWG18 internal power leads.

This alone justifies the price of a 3D printer. (Or, I guess, maybe I just had REALLY messy cables before.)

Print the stuff from PETG for its rigid-but-bendy property. PLA works but you have to be spot on with your caliper, and even then it’s a fine line between risking damage to the insulation and the clip not being grippy enough.

That’s all.

6 Likes

This sort of thing is going to be one of my first prints once I finally get around to finishing assembly of the prusa mini I bought a month or so ago.

That, and a buckle to replace a broken one on my backpack.

5 Likes

Good luck! I still have the enclosure assembly to do for my Prusa, but I always find more important things to do. The printer though, that’s a big payoff when you finish it, and remember, there are gummi bears along the way.

1 Like

I don’t think your Prusa is capable of printing in gummi :nerd_face:

1 Like

PSA: Do not eat the flexible filaments

3 Likes

Lol I was referring to the pack of Haribos that Prusa stuffs into every printer’s box that they sell. They’re supposed to be a reward for achieving various stages of assembly.

You mean TPU aka Twizzlers Package Ultralarge?

Very nice creation, thank you for sharing.

Mini Militia App Lock