Bypassing a Cracked Android Phone Screen

Hello everyone.

I had a bit of a problem, I dropped my phone and cracked the screen. As a result I can no longer get passed the pass code login screen.

Is there anyway I can access my messages? I use a Linux distro, is there any software that could be of use? I have a project going on right now and I really need to communicate.

Could attempt to connect the phone to a monitor like so and hook up a mouse into it.

If it’s a pin or a passphrase, you might be able to just hook up a keyboard directly to the phone via an OTG cable and enter your password. If you can still see images on the screen just not use the touch screen, you could also hook up a mouse like @MazeFrame mentioned and navigate to your App.

1 Like

Thanks, yes the screen still displays. I will definitely buy an OTG cable right away.

If the screen displayed you can also plug in a mouse.

As for your uni work, consider informing someone if it’s going to affect your work.

I had a dead touchscreen on my phone and an otg cable and mouse saved me before I bought a new one.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I went out and bought an OTG cable. I’m able to get passed the log in screen and access my messages.

2 Likes

Thread resolved, locking to avoid attracting spambots