Bypass school web filter (smoothwall)

Hi, I am at boarding school and any programme that is not an internet browser is blocked 24/7. We have a HTTPS proxy authentification which you need college0\username and a password to login to. There are a couple of proxy websites that work but are poor and get blocked often and do not enable to use services such as steam.

Anyone who is in this position know how to get past this as I really want to game and I am being deprived of such.

Thank you

try a proxy website worked for me.

I do and it works but it does not work for getting onto steam

you can try to find a fast vpn. for a reasonable price.

alright then DOWNLOAD a proxy and set it up it'll act like a normal website proxy but for other apps. i've never done that so I don't know any good ones.

i've tried that too... doesn't work...

Get a VPN, try cyberghost if you want a free one, otherwise privateinternetaccess.com is a good cheap VPN.  If you have a phone with you, you could always try to tether it.  

i remembver ultrasurf being popular at my high school.

i always used my ssh though

My suggestion is to download TOR this has never failed to get me past smooth wall at my school and it can be put on a usb so if your computer gets taken for maintenance the IT guys cant get you in trouble for having it. not to mention Tor lets you be anonymous when online and access the dark web! (look it up) 

If needed, you could simply set up openvpn, then VPN into your home network to get unrestricted web access.

Hotspot shield works on my school's internet.  You could try other VPNs that people have listed above.

I remember there was this one kid at our school who put a keylogger onto a teacher's computer, and when the teacher logged in, he was able to find the password.  Turns out the teacher used the default password, so if one teacher changes his/her password, we have backups.

You wont be able to get onto steam using only a HTTP proxy (i actually filter all my work traffic through a remote SOCKS proxy).  You'll need a full blown VPN to capture all that steam traffic in my experience, try something like WiTopia.

UltraSurf

works for everything,

i used it in my computer tech class to secretly run a few bitcoin mining pcs in the backroom secretly

ProXpn is what i use on my laptop when i'm out and about. they have a free version but limit the bandwidth. or if you pay with bitcoin it's 50$ a year. 

This thread is quite old. The thread was posted 6 months ago. So It's being locked

Some school filters block things like google webstore, and other places where you can download things. Some also block proxy sites. Is there any other ways to get past smoothwall if it blocks those items?

6 Year neco