Building a pseudo HEDT system -which case with 6+ 3.5" bays?

It is a good case, however a bit pricey.

Coolermaster Storm Trooper. I love that case so much.

Of course, you 'll need to add drive cages like the Istarusas or icydocks or something.

EDIT: Forget it. I donā€™t know how I came to :3+ 3.5" bays. When it clearly reads 6+ 3.5" bays in the title. My bad. Sorry for the noise :confused::shushing_face:.

The Lian Li O11Dynamic XL ROG Certified or its predecessor Lian Li O11Dynamic.
The newer version has ROG Certified branding on it, but is not specific to the Asus ROG brand.
They both meet your ā€œ3+ 3.5ā€ bays" request. The XL has : 10 X 2.5ā€ SSD or 6 X 2.5ā€ SSD + 4 X 3.5ā€ HDD. The non-XL : 3.5" HDD x4 + 2.5" HDD x4.
Some reviews:
The O11 just got better! Meet the XL
Lian Li x DER8AUER PC-O11D
FINALLY! Lian Li O11 Dynamic + Factory Footage (en)
Lian Li O11 Dynamic Review - Der8auer Designs a Case

I have an O11D, the hard drives have terrible cooling. Thereā€™s two crammed in a heavy hot-swap type cage, with no air flow, and the third jams into your cable management area, again very poor airflow.

InWin IW-PLV may be an option.
https://www.ipc.in-win.com/pedestal-tower-iw-plv-tower

3 Likes

is it 19" tall by any chance?

Nice, 17" to mount it sideways on railsā€¦

It can be rackmounted, so has to be in that dimension.

1 Like

yeah, read the link.

I saw it and thought it would be good rackmounted.

I didnā€™t know inwin did server cases.

1 Like

ooh Iā€™d like to put my threadripper into something like thatā€¦ no watercooling support for my 360 AIO though

I saw that in the background of a video covering their booth at last years Computex.

Okay, now I see the site, there are Pairs and Pairs of them. Maybe even Dozens! or Scores! (maybe not that many)

1 Like

H440
Can put a total of 11 3.5" drives in there butā€¦youā€™re basically killing the airflow. The way NZXT accomplishes that is by putting 2 drives on one sled (and one single drive at the bottom of the case, plus 2x 2.5" drive sleds on the PSU shroud). But even with only 5 drives installed the reduced airflow is noticeable. And putting fans (even the thin ones) behind the HDD cage seems difficult due to clearance. Maybe putting better fans in the front might help but itā€™s still not ideal. Or even modding the front cover of the case to let air in through the front and not just from 1 side and the small gaps at the top/bottom. During summer I basically have to leave the front panel off if I want to play games, otherwise the HDDs get a bit too warm for my taste (45Ā°C+).

I wanted the H440 for the same reason as you: lots of space for HDDs. But

Have you thought about putting the mass storage into a NAS?

Or a DAS shelf, like the hp D2700ā€¦ Iā€™m strongly considering the switch.

Noise level?

Not something youā€™d want in the bedroom or living room I reckon. A big box of dsk is going to be loud anyway.

1 Like

Anyone experience with the be quiet dark base pro 900 rev 2 and itā€™s Qi charging power capability??? is it 15 Wattsā€™ish+

Hear me out. Deepcool Quadstellar.

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.