Building a new pc after 10+ years on laptops, help configuring bios please

The following are the components that I am going to use:

NZXT H710 Black
EVGA Power Supply 750W ATX SuperNOVA G3 750 Active-PFC (220-G3-0750-X2)
Noctua NT-H2
Corsair Force MP600 500MB
WD BLACK 4TB
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0)
Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GRP
Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz DDR4 F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 ARGB Sync
3 pack Thermaltake pure 12 argb

I am not planning to overclock and I know that some parts are overkill but I am trying to somehow future proof my build for the next 5-6 years. Maybe after a year or so I can get 3950X or maybe 4000series and still run them with no problems.

Can someone help me with optimal settings concerning the aorus master bios or anythiing else to make my system run in the best possible condition ?

I’d just make sure to update the bios and enable xmp after you finish the build.

I assume that your workflow will take advantage of the 3800x? Otherwise if budget were a concern, I’d swap the motherboard to a b450/x470 and to the 3500.

1 Like

Thank you BedHedd for your comment, all parts are already ordered and paid for and should be arriving to me sometime next week.

My work load consists of office apps, photoshop, corel, autocad and some gaming.

I choose 3800x because after some research and instead of what some people say I believe that is a better binned chip compared to 3700x and eventhough I would like to get 3900x they are very hard to come by.

After all when spending 2000 euros for a PC 70 more is not an issue :slight_smile:

My only concern is bios settings as I have not had an amd cpu and motherboard for many years (since athlon) and I dont fully understand how pbo and auto boost work, so I want to make the most of what I am getting in terms of performance.

Get a 3600 for now, switch to a better part later? Like get a 3900X when the 3950X has been out for a while?

Don’t worry about PBO if you’re not interested in overclocking. As said above enable xmp for now, set your dram voltage manually because it can bug out and give the spd voltage which is too low. So set that at 1.35V or whatever your memory is rated for.
Also set your cpu voltage to normal.
Go to smartfan and enable silent mode for the chipset fan so it will turn off when it’s not needed. Probably some tweaking there to be done for your aio and casefans. The silent cpu fan profile is a bit shit and you’re better off setting it manually.

Disable CSM and enable secureboot and you should be good. Not much to it really, though it is worth it to manually tune your ram but for now run it like this and see if it’s stable etc.

Thank you Riotvan, hopefully all parts will arrive next week and as soon as i get to setup my PC I will try out your suggestions.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Riotvan, I followed your suggestions, PC rocks
thermals are fine and i hope they get better when i get my 360 AIO (not here yet :frowning: ).
Temps are about 42c idle and 59-63c on work loads and gaming
3800x boosts at 4.450

1 Like

3 Likes

Looking good!

Looks good!

A little too Rainbow puke for my taste, but that can be fixed.

What is that little card hiding under the GPU? Sound?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.