Building a benchmarking platform

Hello! I’ve posted here before my lil project, but figured its time for a new post and gather some new feedback.

The project is called CompareBench, and the idea is to aggregate benchmark results in a more digestible format, but also compare results in a very flexible way. For those that saw GamersNexus video on why they’re publishing their “megacharts” stuff, that’s more or less the same idea/reasoning.

There’s also a desktop component I’ve built called Yardstick to capture user hardware details so it can match up the benchmark results they add with the proper hardware they have.

I’ve put together an FAQ as well which will probably answer a lot of questions people have with where I want to take a project like this, and one in particular I’ll pull out and post here:

Is this different or better than UserBenchmark?

We’d like to think so. One of the problems with sites like UserBenchmark is it displays performance data based on regular users submitting benchmark results, which can inherently be flawed. If enough users have a bunch of crap on their PC, it can skew the average performance quite a bit from where it should be.
While we will store benchmarks you created yourself, we’ll never show your benchmark data in aggregate on product pages. Any performance data you see on those pages will come from verified sources.

To see it in action with some actual results, you can take a look at the 5900X product page: https://comparebench.com/products/cpu/1076

As I benchmark more cpus, the graphs will expand further automatically. You’ll also see mainly AMD products in the product list, and basically zero Intel. This is because AMD provides an easy CSV on their website with nearly every cpu they’ve produced. Intel data is a bit harder to get. This is a bit where Yardstick comes in to help fill the gaps as people use the platform.

At some point soon I’ll be opening up Yardstick to more folks for testing. It’s pretty decent at fetching hardware details of a given system, but there are some gaps. The idea going forward is to also have it fetch benchmarks automatically once you load it up. For example, if you’ve done some GTA 5 benchmarks, it would fetch and parse those for you and upload them. At some point much further down the road, it will have a benchmark of its own.

Let me know what you all think! There’s also a discord link in the footer.

So far the website looks pretty good to me. Very interesting project that you have going on here. Best of luck on this catching on!