Budget Motherboard for the FX 8350

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my computer and decided to go with the FX 8350.

Next, thing on my list is to choose a motherboard. I dont want to spend lots my budget is no more than £50.

Can someone reccomend a decent budget oriented motherboard.

I heard that you need more power to run the 8 core processors??? Any ideas?

Thanks again.

I look forward to your replys.

Regards.

Shalom.B.

asrock 970 extreme 3,  msi 970 g43

well any 970 990x 990fx chipsets should support the fx processors. however with that budget for the motherboard. it will lack features like usb 3.0.You may also find them less reliable however these are two that may be ok near your budget.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-214-MS&groupid=701&catid=1903&subcat=2046

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-068-AK&groupid=701&catid=1903&subcat=2046

p.s. i asked about asrock 970 extreme3 earlier some people said it arrives doa a lot not sure about other board. hope this helped

You need to spend £100+ on a mobo for that cpu there are some 970chipset mobos that are 'ok' for FX chips like the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 or the Asus M5A97 R2.0 alltho i recommend geting a 990X or 990FX mobo like the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 or Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 (at the cheapest)

There are lots of known problems with mobos less than 990x for FX chips this is not surprising since these mobos where around before that chip.

When the FX chips where released thay where a huge cpu architecture change to the amd phenom chips and mobos where only configured by a bios change and not on a hardware level.

Now you can cheap out and buy a £60 mobo and have it last 6-9weeks before its dies but that sounds like a waste of money to me.

Why buy the highest AMD chip, then cheap out on the motherboard?

Depending on your needs, it might be in your interest to purchase an FX6300, and then pair that with a half decent motherboard. It will be a more balanced system. The FX6300 is a pretty good CPU for a gaming platform. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will help you configure a build, or recommend a higher end motherboard.

yeah dont put a FX8350 on those cheap 970 boards. there are only 2 board on which i recommend to put the FX8350 on.

1: Asus M5A97 R2.0 4+2 power phase digi vrm, this will work with the fx8350, but you will not have much room to do oc on this board.

2: Asus M5A97 evo R2.0 6+2 power phase and digi vrm. on this board, you have some room for doing some oc.

3 Gigabyte GA-970A-ud3 8+2 powerphase, some people recommend this board, i´m personaly not a big fan of them. but ofc on stock speeds they will be great.

but i realy prefer if you go with the FX8350 that you buy a decent 990FX chipsetboard.

or it could maybe smarter if that is above your budget, to pick up a FX6300 with Asus M5A97 R2.0  (or the evo)