BSOD Windows 10

yeah for corrupt data its best to nuke and start over

yes. clean install

As for now the clean install seems to have done the job, will be on alert for a while about this. Thanks for all the help so far (and hopefully won't need more on this)

@R00tz31820
@Novasty
@Dynamic_Gravity
@NJM1112
@Commissar

Okay got a new problem..

I noticed that I had accidentally installed Win10 pro, had cd-key for the win10 home and the lower corner had that annoying "Activate windows" button. Well I just had nuked the PC so I didn't have much to lose so I nuked it again and used the Win10 home key.

Now the PC started getting BSODs during launch, trying to reinstall again and boot just gets stuck on the part where the small balls circle around or I get BSOD. How can I figure out the new cause of problem?

1 Like

And adding that during installion I get to the part where you put the cd-key and then the installion starts, loading bar goes to end and the PC starts asking some of the starting settings about giving info about location and errors etc. Then when it restarts problems begin.

Sounds like the image you downloaded is bad.

2 Likes

I was about to try installing older win8, had to take some cables from one hard drive to use the DVD-player, started up the PC and everything went smoothly. I guess that hard drive did something funny during the installion..?

-edited-

Almost forgot to tell about the DVD player

1 Like

funny isn't :)

Depends on if you originally installed the OS via MBR or GPT. although, since you installed windows 8 then its a good chance that this time you installed it via UEFI with a GPT sceme on the HDD.