Broadcast Truck Wireless Intercom w/ Digital UHF Radios

Disclaimer: I’m up to shit
TL;DR: Need digital UHF base station with XLR or 1/4" TRS input to operate in unlicensed bands & communicate with SDR walkies up to 1/2 mile line of sight.

I have a fleet of media broadcast trucks outside my shop.

We are commoditizing™ during overhaul and upgrade as pro audio/video equipment is grossly overpriced.
As an example:
Terminated 500 ft fiber reel: $4800
Unterminated 500 ft fiber reel (same fiber): $350
QD Terminals: $100 each

The trucks are running Clear-Com Encore talkback / intercoms
Not a problem, they are dead balls reliable and perfect for this application.

These interface with BlackMagic fiber ATEMS and are great for crew.

I am looking to outfit the talent (peoples talking into the microphone) with wireless intercoms so they can navigate the crowds and or hop between camers without remic’ing talkback everytime.

Current plan of action: 2 way radios back to base station in truck talking to director
UHF (unlicensed band)
Digital (for clarity)
earpiece w/ PTT to director

Figured out the handsets, now for the base:
Power requirements are not an issue
RX interface: line or mic level, balanced or unbalanced output is not a problem
TX interface: triggerable via solenoid / relay or IDEALLY Auto detecting when the microphone input goes hot
I plan on adding the base station to the current wired intercom system

The clear-com encore has relay/solenoid triggerable PTT per channel if I need it.

Rack mountable is not required, but can accomodate up to 4U without issue.
Ideally, I would have a similar or identical box (1/2 u ish width, 2u height) that can be placed in broadcast booths with the talent for static broadcasts.

Sending probes to see if any registered HAMsters peruse this site, or anyone with random knowledge wants to chime in.

All suggestions welcome.

Before anyone asks:
The clear-com analog wireless setup has shit audio quality, range, and costs $12000 (we tried it).

As an elaboration:
We will be operating FRS at 2 watts

As an update:
Clear-Com DX210 series was over $15000 and unsatisfactory.

I am goin with a couple Midland MTX500’s for base stations and matching handsets.

Each will be programmed to run FRS @ 2 watts.

Midlands for the XLR inputs on the rear.
Thanks for coming to my ED talk…