Boring wireless office mouse

Hi, I’m looking for a mouse that is:

  • reliable
  • boring (no RGB or other gaming crap)
  • rather large and ergonomic
  • wireless (both dongle and BT are fine)
  • USB-C charging
  • absolutely not Logitech
  • (optional) switching between devices

I know there’s a big personal preference and ergonomics factor, I’m looking for options. In the meantime, I’m going out to RMA yet another Logitech mouse with failing switches. Every single Logitech I got had switches die on me. Except for those that were dead on arrival.

I use a Nulea wired vertical ergonomic mouse. They have wireless versions, but I don’t know if they are rechargeable or take AA batteries.

I have used the Protoarc vertical mouse and I loved it, but it died after about 2 months. Maybe I just got a lemon.

1 Like

I have a Razer Orochi, and the latest one is pretty good!

  • It has Bluetooth and a wireless dongle
  • Can use AA or AAA batteries
  • Can be used without the awful Synapse bloatware
  • No RGB

With all of this, I do use a Logitech MX Anywhere 3 (Bolt) and it just works and I can use it without the Logi Options+ software. Sorry to hear you’re getting terrible mice from them.

1 Like

I use a Contour UNIMOUSE, ends up being plenty large enough to palm, ergonomic, wireless, USBC/BT, and for me - left handed! They offer right handed as well, and it has the various buttons/scroll wheel. The only complaint I have is how I hold it and how large (short?) my thumb is the back-forward buttons are horrible to use, I have to break my grip to use them.

1 Like

No experience with their mouse yet but I have had consistently good experience with Keychron.


which Logitech product burned you out? MX Master 3?

3 Likes

Right now it was MX Master 3S, after just over a year. Previously it was MX Anywhere 3S, this one took only about 2 weeks since purchase. I also have G403 or 402 and G602 somewhere that failed past the warranty. And some two cheaper wired models I got from work, one of which was just dead out of the box.

I like them when they work. But slowly missing clicks or scroll wheel ticks until you can’t use them anymore is driving me insane.

That’s what I use currently. Overall happy with it, especially for $70, would purchase again.

Needed to adjust the sensitivity jumps to be a bit to be more reasonable, out of the box the bottom end settings are just silly slow.

Currently I think my old wired razor viper 8K mouse has better algorithms involved when it comes to smoothing, prediction and fine pointer control (which can also be affected by surface friction), which made it nice for office work like excel, if only it had a different shape. The keychain is really good, it’s just I think the razor was top tier. But at the end of the day, vertical/ergonomic shapes are mandatory for me in a mouse now. I’d love for someone to offer a vertical shell you can stick razer mouse innards into

Another thing to be aware is linux and windows handle waking from sleep in the worst possible way, and because of it’s sensitivity this mouse (like many others, my razer did the same) will constantly wake your pc from sleep until you figure out how to disable waking from this device.

1 Like

Used to dabble with trackball during a bout of carpal tunnel syndrome. It took some getting used to, but it is pretty handy once you familiarize with it. No jitter and wake-from-sleep trouble, either.

Comes with the (dis-)advantage that just about nobody else could use your computer in a work environment. Won’t really work for reflex-heavy gaming, either.

Choice is a bit limited. The only significant non-Logitech brand is Kensington. More expensive, too.

1 Like

In work we are buying and using these:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/accessories-and-software/keyboards-and-mice/mice/4y51j62544

They are relatively big, are rechargable, and have no fancy features. No complaints so far (we’ve been giving them out for ~6 months now).

1 Like

If someone’s interested, I got a Keychron M6 as a backup/replacement. It feels extremely light and cheap in comparison to MX Master 3S. Light, plastic attracts fingeprints. At most average feel of both scroll wheels. Main butons feel decent, but are rather loud.

Absolutely not what I expected, I have their keyboard and it’s excellent. I will keep it only as a backup.

1 Like

Fook it I will buy their mouse and try it out since my Asus mouse scroll wheel likes to have whiplash (kickback? I forgot the term). Dont know how good it is vs a similarly priced logitech.

1 Like

Not the first time I’ve heard this feedback for this one mouse

1 Like

I’ve just remembered Razer also had a no-nonsense mouse made in collaboration with Humanscale:

I cannot comment for it as I have not tested it at all.

There’s also this Dell mouse that I’ve used and seems fine and it’s a bit sturdy (not as much as the Master 3S though)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.