Borderlands 2 Inviting problems

Hi, for some time now I have been experiencing problems connecting to other players, not being able to join or invite friends to play with me, don’t know why, and last time I even tried I just gave up totally on even trying to get it working and started playing on my own instead.

OS; KDE Neon

I have also tried to connect to hosts, but the only thing that happens is a countdown timer starts and ends in ‘Connection Failed’. Which really irritates me and those that try to play with me, is it a port problem? I don’t even think I installed a firewall this time to be honest… #LAZY

Are you playing the native Linux version and trying to connect to windows players?

I was trying to connect to Windows users, I will be using Windows for a while now if I can get a windows usb bootable. Going for Linux on a VM for the time being. Had to much problems with the games that I have bought, and the BL3 install corrupted Wine to the extant that I had to reinstall the computer, wherein I got new problems to deal with, like the sound not working at all.

Ah okay. Well see how that goes.

I was going to ask if the versions are matched again. When they did the 4k or HD update whatever it was with the textures, only windows go them and with it a version bump. Linux and Mac did not get either and it caused matching errors with the versions not matching.

3 Likes