Boot still slow after switching back to RAID

A while back I installed Ubuntu for a dual boot with Windows 10 on my Dell XPS laptop. I had to switch SATA operation from RAID to AHCI for Ubuntu, which made my boot times way longer for Windows. Before the switch, I would boot in 20 seconds or less, but after, it takes upwards of two minutes, even with fast startup enabled.

After not using Linux for a while, I uninstalled it and with it, switched my SATA operation back to RAID (in the hopes that my boot time would be back to normal), but unfortunately my times are still very slow. At this point I can’t see a solution other than reinstalling Windows. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

is it accelerated or a FakeRaid?
if its accelerated, there’s usually an interaction with the driver you can to to optimize an existing array.

It is FakeRaid (Intel RST). Where can I find information about this optimization?

im not sure if Intel RST has such a feature. i know windows 10 has a setting called “fast startup” which messes with some NTFS flags. these flags can make the volume unusable with certain linux distrobutions. maybe Ubuntu unset this flag and it needs re-enabled in Windows 10? should be somewhere in the power settings.

Fast startup is enabled on my machine

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this: Would doing a Windows recovery (to reinstall Windows) help solve this problem?