Book Search / Reccomendations Support Thread

So since we have a diverse crowd I figured a thread for soliciting requests on topics would be a good idea. So if you are looking for a book on a topic or a style / theme post the request and maybe we can get someone to suggest something.

Here is my request:
I am looking for a book on going into and coming out of the dark ages. How humanity recovered the incredible loss of the time. Not sure I will get any suggestions but maybe someone has read a good book covering this topic.

I dont know if you mean the old dark ages or fictional future dark age but Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series seem to fit the latter. There is the Apple TV adaptation of the book but I did not find it gripping my interest (it seems to have nice reviews from both critic and audience though)

1 Like

Real one but I forgot about that series coming out deff have to check out some reviews

1 Like

Youtube and Google are your friend. In learning about history and anthropology, its a lot more research and cross-checking than finding the definitive book.

Going into the dark ages, the western roman empire fell, then the plague of Justinian occurred then everything just slowed down (~500ce).

Bring Out Your Dead GIF - Bring Out Your Dead Monty - Discover & Share GIFs

Then came a mass global blackout of clouds that caused the mid-evil warming period due to the greenhouse effect, then came the Arthurian and Percival tales for the search of the whole grail (~1000). Percival meaning “pierce the Veil”, and the Grail being the representation of the sun and the cup that gives eternal life on earth.

Alreadygotone Monty GIF - Alreadygotone Monty Python - Discover & Share GIFs

So just watch monty python and your done

1 Like

And also this…

I watch most of Peter’s stuff he mentions some dark ages stuff in something recently so I wanted to know more. I try and add in some educational books to my audible que. I think my favorite one so far was The Making of the Atomic Bomb: Richard Rhodes.