Book of the Month - Jan/Feb Neuromancer by William Gibson

Regarding the "why cyberspace looks like that": I believe it's based on or at least influenced by the buzz used back then when describing telecommunications: "information superhighway".

Well I finished the book today, and now I'm wondering about what happens in the next two books.
Also makes me think about who the Ashpools of today are? Google, Facebook, the bankers?

Btw, about the movie cast: I'm sticking with Ralph Fiennes for Armitage, although I don't know if he is even able to put on some weight for the role. I've thought about the other characters and still can't put a familiar face on the character of Case. I've pinned Brian Dennehy to Ratz by the time I was finished, too.

And that's about it.

1 Like

They are making a Neuromancer movie? Hopefully it's more coherent than the book for me. At least the world building will be easier on a movie.

There's no movie, really :D
We were just discussing hypothetically... IF there were a move, who would you cast as each character?

I realize this is an old thread but I listened to the audio book of Neuromancer (featuring William Gibson reading it) I enjoyed the book itself....I did not enjoy Gibson's reading...I found him to be super flat and downright boring.

2 Likes

I felt the same way. maybe if laurence fishburne read it then it be something else.

1 Like

I think Fishburne would be a great choice

@weekendgameguy. @pablopg69

I dont know if you have seen it. But this months recommendation thread is still open.

...maybe you did. I just realized it was pinned.....