Book of the Month - Jan/Feb Neuromancer by William Gibson

Sorry for the delayed announcement folks! The book for Jan 15-Feb 15 is going to be Neuromancer by Gibson. https://www.amazon.com/Neuromancer-William-Gibson/dp/0441569595

It's roughly 270 pages. I'll begin posting discussion points on here in about 2 weeks and we can use this thread to determine when we'll do the live chat about the book at the end of the month.

11 Likes

Well Foundation didn't win but I'm fine with Neuromancer as well. Haven't read it before. Now just need to check it out of my library.

3 Likes

Maybe we could rollover the second highest voted choice into the next BOM voting? I voted for Neuromancer because I'll be busy for a bit soon and the book is fairly short, but I'm interested in Foundation as well. I might just buy it anyways.

3 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Neuromancer and the rest of the 'Sprawl' trilogy (Count Zero & Mona Lisa Overdrive) are my favorite books of all time.

Good choice.
I must have bought them 10 times over the years for myself and as gifts for others.

9 Likes

We can definitely add it back to the roster for next time.

3 Likes

Got back from vacation and finally got time to read the book in peace. Should take a couple of days.

4 Likes

Nice! My audio copy was finally available from the library! I have a TON of sewing to do, so I will be listening while I work.

3 Likes

How's everyone doing on the book? What are your thoughts so far? Ideas for discussion topics yet?

1 Like

I just found this thread but I have been wanting to reread/listen to the sprawl series again. Just finished the martian chronicles yesterday so I'll jump in today!

3 Likes

Glad to have you! There's still plenty of time before we do the discord live-chat.

2 Likes

Awesome, sounds fun!

2 Likes

if anyone has trouble finding the book pm me

3 Likes

I read the first 20 pages on my trip and I felt lost but I think it has more to do with the fact that I was trying to read on a plan than actual comfortable and quiet places to read. Starting over when I get back from school.

3 Likes

When are we going to have a discussion post about the book, @gearheadgirl27? Are you finished with the book?

1 Like

How did I miss this thread! Considering this is on my reading list (i've no idea how i've never read it yet). I might just try and fit it in.

3 Likes

Picked up the audiobook will be listening to it.

4 Likes

Gonna be late with this one cause I'm still occupied with the overdue Master's Thesis.
As soon as that's done, I'm a free man.

2 Likes

And for some reason they included the forward in the audio book.

Last time I read this I was 14. Changed the way I saw technology. Let's see how it holds up.

3 Likes