Bluetooth headphones connect but no audio?

I Just built a new desktop installed PopOS and got really disappointed when the audio didn’t work with my headphones(JBL TUNE700BT).

I can’t connect using the basic bluetooth software included with PopOS.
I can connect using Blueman.
When I successfully connect there’s no audio…
However when I go to audio setting while audio files are playing I can see the volume bar jittering back and forth.

Someone else posted an article with the same issue here on L1.
He had found a fix, but the thread was closed, so I couldn’t ask him for help.

The article is called “Bluetooth Issue: X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi (Debian 10 - testing)”
And he wrote:
the issue has been fixed, and can easily be updated by adding the non-free to sources.list

## sources.list
deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free

## and manually update it, to confirm whether it's working as expected 
## try to completely shut down the computer, and turn it back on again.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install firmware-iwlwifi

I really need a step by step guide for PopOS and I have no Idea where to get it, if not from here.
Someone hold my hand, please!!!

What is your issue here? Did the instructions, from the thread you mentioned, not work or do you have trouble executing them?

I don’t think anyone here is going to do that because that does not facilitate learning, but I can get you pointed in the right direction since I am familiar with Debian based distros.

The first problem is that the sources list you site is referencing Debian. You are using PopOS which is based on Ubuntu which is based on Debian Unstable but with Canonical’s spin on how they thing things should be.

The non-free refers to a the repository branch. Like Red Hat, Debian does not provide proprietary software and firmware out of the box due to philosophical reason. This is why you have to manually add the non-free. I think Ubuntu provides this out of the box.

I don’t use PopOS but here is is their repository list. Looks like you will need to add the proprietary repository to your source list. You can just use the apt add-repository command that they have listed.

That should be enough to get you started. We can help you with any specific issues you have after that.