Black monitor screen with Intel B70

Hello, o7!
I bought an Intel arc pro B70 (it has 4 dp out) to upgrade my old computer (Asus X570, 5950x) from a 2080. First I got a black screen, no signal to my monitor (old one with the original nvidia g-sync chip, dp 1.2). But Windows seemed to boot. I managed to remote into it and install the graphics drivers and after that I get a screen as soon as I enter Windows but I can’t see anything before that so I am locked out bios.
I also tried a display port to hdmi adapter to test another monitor and this gives the same result only activates after I enter Windows.
I have tried to test a lot of options in the bios but always the same result, svm, pcie generation, csm, etc. I have the latest bios from early this year.
I also tried a sparkle intel arc 310 eco that has a hdmi and it worked out of the box to the hdmi screen.
I want to try dual booting with Linux but it will be annoying to not see the boot menu whenever I start the computer.

Unfortunately I don’t have a never display port monitor to test with.

Does anyone have an idea on whats going on?

These cards need the “Resizable BAR” BIOS option enabled to function. You may have to reinstall the old card to set this option.

2 Likes

In addition, they only have EFI firmware so you must disable CSM to get a usable post screen.

2 Likes

Hi,
I had Resizable Bar set to enabled and Uefi was enabled as well :confused:

What board and bios version was this? I’ve noticed the b70 sometimes causes the igpu to initiate first (onboard graphics). This seems to happen on older bioses more often than newer

1 Like

It is a x570 asus strix gaming e. 5950x cpu so no igpu. The bios is version Version 5044 from february this year (the latest).

1 Like

Ok it is solved.
I bought a new monitor. My old trusty ACER - XB280HK 28" apparently doesn’t work properly with the pro B70.
It could be because the monitor has one of those 1:st gen Nvidia G-sync chips in it.

2 Likes

very interesting, thanks for posting

I have a Gigabyte MC12-LE0 motherboard that I want to use with a Sparkle B70 Pro 32GB Intel Arc Blower. I have a ubuntu server distrobution installed, and when powering it on the fans spinned up at first and then it calmed down and the card became considerably warm, and the card didn’t show up in lspci. Can someone share his installation experience of the card? What OS did you use and what board?