Biostar Racing X470GTN, opinions?

I mentioned on the lounge a few days ago that i was having some issues with VRM temperatures on my ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac. I spoke with ASRock directly and they instructed me to talk with my salesman first, so i did and got refunded due to the issue and lack of spare motherboards of the same type.
With no motherboard in hand i searched the local market and found the Biostar Racing X470GTN and i can get it by the end of this week.
What do you guys think of this model? I will surely lose some features like wi-fi, bluetooth and the ALC1220 audio codec, which i frankly donā€™t care about because i do not use them.
I never used or even seen a Biostar motherboard before, so iā€™m a bit worried that i may throw my money away.

Nevermind, i gave up on the M-ITX, iā€™m going back to ATX

Iā€™ve used biostar. Alot. Before really being part of the forum, my systems were all biostar for the most part.

Granted it was pentium 4 machines, but I also overclocked them and the boards never melted.

So, atm I have this fight myself. Do I get an asrock fatality board, or, a biostar board? Never had issues and they were reliable from memory.

Let me say it this way. Iā€™ve heard more complaints about asrock and asus than I have about these biostar boards.

I have possibly made my decision as wellā€¦

1 Like

Chiming in, in support of AsRock.

I might be among the minority but Iā€™ve had nothing but good experiences. Paired a 9590 with one of their boards a while ago and that system has been running for years (not mine unfortunately). As for my current rig, Iā€™ve got an X99 Taichi and itā€™s a fantastic board. Couldnā€™t have asked for better.

That said, Iā€™ve had 3 Asus boards fail in the last 4 years. Given that Asus owns AsRock (iirc) it doesnā€™t make much sense to me. But I have yet to have a bad board from AsRock so thatā€™s a plus I guess.

With that in mind, Iā€™ve had Asus branded laptops over the years that Iā€™ve loved. Theyā€™ve been as reliable as hell and the keyboard are decent (a little OT, but just making a point).

As with all hardware, itā€™s a hit or miss. People identify with brands too often

2 Likes

Just to clear up the situation, i really canā€™t blame ASRock in this situation, iā€™ve had numerous motherboards from them and sold multiple systems with their mobos, this is the very first issue iā€™ve encountered (besides a minor BIOS chip error iā€™ve had on a B85 years ago, which was as simple to fix as to change the socketed chip itself), besides, this model is not sold oficially where i reside, they had no obligation with it, thankfully the store i bought it from had the right attitude.
In fact, iā€™m trying to find an X370 Taichi for a good price, i really like their boards.

1 Like

That is good to know, back when i lurked around the Tomā€™s forums (right at time of the first batches of Intelā€™s ā€œiā€ CPUs) people talked a lot about these Biostar boards, and good things at that, but due to lack of official representation around here i never got to experience any boards from them until now.
And the price is right too, so it seems like a good buy.

Yeah. Iā€™m buildingman itx machine, and the complaints I see are ā€˜bad at oc y u no oc itx bioshar poopā€™ but, like, its itxā€¦

They have good VRMā€™s too, but not always with a heatsink. You might look into getting a small sink for it.

Theres also complains of a bios that isnā€™t mouse compatible. If you need windows xp based bios look at an asus board. If you donā€™t care, it doesnā€™t matter lol.

1 Like

Yeah, and its kinda tiring to maintain these things, too cramped, just not worth investing in the same mistake i did before.
I think standard ATX is like waaaay easier because you can get a fully featured motherboard for the same price, and you get more space for cooling as well.

Eh. Iā€™m cowing on to itx. Just get it out of the way and stuff.

I mean, its nice to have a small system, much easier to take places and stuff, but its very limiting in comparison

@FaunCB do you know anything about Biostarā€™s larger models, such as the X370GT5?
The price on those is really nice, and they look really good to boot

Seems that Toms recommended it though

1 Like

I got that one in the end, seemed to be a really nice choice that wouldnā€™t break the bank!

Kyle why do you have your general amazon links only? You do realize that there has to be a product with the affiliate link otherwise you could lose your amazon affiliate membership. Iā€™m not an expert but Iā€™m giving you a heads up as it happened with linus before. I recommend changing the links before they terminate you, youā€™re good at making tech vids and adding humor in there, Iā€™d hate to see that happen to youļ»æ
https://appsync.biz/dafont/ , https://downloader.vip/mapquest/ ,https://appsync.biz/filehippo/

@zoziano Oy, wrong post, perhaps?

1 Like