Beware of Bios Update - Much Hotter Temps!

7A32v15 did me in, I went from 60 on load to 71 with the newest bios revision. It might just be my setup. If it isn't it needs to be avoided. I am running a R7 1700, so the cpu offset isn't a thing in regards to temp.

Update: I reverted back to the older bios and have lower temps again.

Update: Could this be an inaccurate temperature reading from one of the two bios?

I noticed on the new x370 SLI plus the latest bios reverted to a less agressive fan profile this may be the issue you ran in to.

Maybe, but I have a whole new thing to deal with. My performance in handbrake after havingt this set for 2 months has completely gone backwards. It went from 23fps average to 14fps. This is insane that a single bios revisions messed my temperatures up drastically and now my performance. I have my overclock set to 2.8ghz at 1.325volts. Which is what it has been for the last two months. Errrg. I have tried all the bioses and nothing seems to be fixing these issues now that they broke with a update.

I guess dont upgrade if you don't want to risk messing something up. If it is broken already go ahead and see if it fixes something...

There was something about how the bios updates rolling out were going to raise voltages because some instruction set crashed on Ryzen because the voltage was too low. Something along those lines. That's my only guess.