Bethesda may be ditching Jeremy Soule for another composer

I’m pretty upset about this. It seems as though Bethesda is going with Inon Zur for TES VI (didn’t care for his music in Fallout much), and will be ditching Jeremy Soule who is responsible for the music in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

I think they are just being pissy about it because Soule publicly slammed them for using his music at a concert without his permission… Meaning Bethesda was shitty enough to copy his music by ear rather than asking for him to perform.

Anyway, here’s the article on it:

I always appreciated his music and it’s sad to see it won’t be used. It was very atmospheric and arguably took a huge part in what the games themselves were.

And for the record this isn’t just another post shaming Bethesda. That’s not my intention. It’s just disappointing.

1 Like

I feel you, I’ve played more than one game with Jeremy Soule’s music in the background (especially the GW games) and I really like his way to convey emotions fitting with the scene through music, he’s really talented no doubt. It’s really unfortunate that he won’t be part of a new fantasy game. Maybe his rates when up as time goes on and Bethesda was saving up to not have a buggy game?

1 Like

Bethesda should ditch Bethesda for another Bethesda.

5 Likes

At least for a new engine if nothing else.

I did enjoy the music in oblivion a lot, it was the only elder scrolls I spent much time with, so I can see the shame in the loss. But to be fair to him with the state their games are getting to it is probably not a bad idea to look for another place to work for.

1 Like

I totally understand that music is a huge part in gaming, I still get chills when I hear classic WoW themes. But yeah, Bethesda has bigger problems to solve first.

1 Like

This feels wrong. What the fuck is happening to Bethesda?

1 Like

ZeniMax.

Or just colossal idiocy in charge of the studio, not sure actually but all of itnseems money motivated.

1 Like

I’m sure its money motivated… code and pray with bugs that are so obvious in the released product you have to wonder what QA they talk about when they refer to QA. Bait and switching with F76… ever cost cutting corner they can take they actually do. I suspect they got about 5-10 devs for each game, a few social media managers, forum mods and maybe a couple of QA people. It really seems like based on the output they don’t have much more then that.

2 Likes