Best (Windows) email clients?

All the threads are super old so the suggested might not hold true anymore ect.

Anyways with google forcing gmail’s new laggy/buggy web client on everyone with the rollback option removed I am looking for a desktop email client. I haven’t ever personally used one as I have always heard issues about basically every single one.

Basically what email client for multiple emails on windows doesn’t suck?

1 Like

I’m that one person who still uses Outlook.

Doesn’t basically everyone that uses outlook hate it?

I have never tested the alternatives.
Open source flag:

Not sure, it has always worked just fine for me.

I use Outlook on corporate account, which I have been for over a decade know, and I have no problems with it. It’s a little over kill for a personal email client though.

I usually just stick with a web client for my personal email.

All windows email clients suck. I find that Thunderbird sucks the least, so I use it, but I don’t like it. MacOS is far better at this for some reason.

1 Like

I use outlook. The one feature I wish it had was the option to combine multiple accounts into one inbox. Could be set up to forward all mail to the same address but it isn’t as clean.

Other than that, I’ve never had any problems with Outlook. And the UI is about the same as any other mail client so no complaints there, either.

Anything that uses Exchange, I use Outlook. But with any other protocol I use Thunderbird… They’re basically the same, Outlook just seems to play nicer with the Exchange protocol.

If you’re running Windows 10 and don’t have a problem with command line, installing some flavor of the linux subsystem and checking email with mutt or alpine is always an option.

thunderbird on all platforms

2 Likes

Really? I always hear shit about thunderbird being janky or having problems.

In all honesty, YMMV. I’ve used thunderbird like 3 years ago, hated it. Always used Outlook and haven’t had to many issue.

Email clients are always weird, I’ve considered using the nextcloud email client once.

Isn’t the other issue with outlook that it cost a bunch of money?

I have a brother in Uni and my dad uses it every so often, so… $100/yr isn’t a bad trade
https://products.office.com/en-us/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?tab=1

$100 a year? nothx

It’s popular to hate Outlook. The full-fledged Outlook is an office tool and overkill for usual home use.

Thunderbird’s available for Windows. Plus at least one paid dressed up clone of an earlier version of Thunderbird.

There are some apps around that are basically web apps that encapsulate the web page of Gmail, outlook.com, etc. For example, Wavebox. I’ve used it and it works fine. Comes preset for a large number of sites and can also deal with other sites you select.

3 Likes

make that two. outlook 2016… :neutral_face:

use thunderbird for years,

1 Like

ita nit office suite but im open to new things