Best server config for TRUENAS SCALE - with handbrake/makemkv

which would be the best config for my desired setup
v1 server build
v2 server build

either would be running raidz2

as a nas backup server / trans-code an compress / direct to disk 4kbd & bd vi external bd drive &
(by makemkv & handbrake)

for v1 config 10tb +2 redundant of space which is plenty iv got currently a combined total of 6.5ish tb
of ripped an backed up content that took about 5 years to reach so 10tb’s is plenty of breathing room

or if i went with v2’s build config for a 21tb + 3 redundant that would also be ok for me

id like advice an thoughts on either build concept

fyi

in the past i would rip with makemkv then compress the rip with handbrake down to 65 or 55% of the original size keeping the res & main audio track while setting a fix bitrate using this profile config

iv always been tight on space so id usually do a 1 to 1 then dump the uncompressed rip but the still to a while

but i haven’t do this in years since my fx 8350/16gb ddr3 500gb hhd rig so i figure that with a 5600g or 5700g on a separate rig with that amount of ram an storage an type ram an drives an config would do far better

that id could do my film backups in batches an running with the igpu would greatly improve decode/encode

i hope.

an to those who will ask about the 14 Noctua Fans an case choice do i need them

yes i do need that kind of air flow , as in my home during the summer the ac doesn’t cool the home that good as it used to an these fans do help with all my builds

plus i got a stucco ceiling dust problem as the fine paint flex shit cake up on everything an for pc’s uhg so

i config all my builds with more exhaust then intake which does just fine for cooling but makes cleaning far easier as main intake is just 1 or 2 spot with a decent filter that i just suck out with a shopvac once a week

an this keeps the stucco dust from buildin/caking up in the case

the plan with the build regardless which version i do is to lay the case on the side in my rack with some 2in rubber feet with the side fans an run the aio as intakes an the rest as exhaust

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.