Best Ryzen for 6800XT?

Seconded.

1 Like

Noctua NH-P1

Actually. I just found out i maybe can use the NM-AM4 mounting kit to rotate it 90degree! At least i will try… Its not officially mentioned but its worth it to experiment… and the psu is driving me nuts, so am ordering a Dark Power 12 to really make this quiet. Be Quiet to be precise.

4 Likes

yeah was gonna say you need to spin that cooler 90’
preferably with the heat pipes poking out the top. then whack a fan on the side
:wink:
(just kidding but not rally, the airflow front to back should be enough once the hs is rotated. but it will be a surprisingly good cooler if you stick a fan on it)

right now its just passively evacuating out the top, with your fans doing little to help the cooler out.
so rotating it 90’ will dramatically help thermals and airflow in the case.
so good luck sorting that out.

Well just to update this incase anyone else get same stupid idea - the NH-P1 only have 1 orientation on AM4 motherboards, don’t matter if you have the special 90* mounting kit or not. It wont fit this cooler unless you use a open air bench where it really would not matter anyway.

The cpu plate is not centered, its off to one side, so if you turn it, it either hit your ram, or it hit the backside of your case and cant fit.

And i cant turn it the opposite way either, as it will hit the top panel on the case.

I noticed in pictures from other users with same cooler, that its always turned the same way as mine, so i guess thats how it is ment to be.

I figured out how to run both gpu and cpu in eco mode. So the cpu at most times stay at 3.8ghz or less.
It stays under a constant 84* c, kinda close to the max 90, but its very very very silent since i upgraded the psu and coolers. The psu is now the 1000w be quiet i mentioned earlier.

Now using a 180 silverstone air penetrator in the front and a be quiet 120 in the back, buth super quiet fans.
They draw air over the heatpipe cooler and it really works.
Have had no issues at all.

I know i have limited my hardware a bit. But i am very ok with that. I get great fps in the games i play and video editing is smooth like butter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.