Best Monitor 32 4K? for Writing and Coding

Hello i’m new of the forum.

I’m really in looking for an good 32 4k Monitor with an clear text since i write a lot with Text program (Scrivener) and Coding program.

The budget doesnt matter if i can get the perfect monitor for me.
I hope you can help me cause i looked a lot around for opinion and reviews and there’s so many choices that it’s gonna make me crazy for how much im undecided and the fear about to throw money away for an product that i dont like.

I use the 27" version of the Samsung LS27A800UJNXGO, and its been fine.

For just text, I am not sure that its gonna matter that much, pretty much anything at 4k is going to look good, in my experience the key is to enable UI Scaling in your OS, I usually keep it set at 2x in Windows/Linux and the equivalent in macOS.

I would pay extra attention to the video input plugs the monitor has and be sure that if you have multiple devices, you have sufficient inputs on the model you choose to cover your needs.

im also thinking to buy an solid laptop and putting it with this monitor, still i should choice if macbook or windows laptop, so i’m not sure yet about the video input.

well I have had the best experience with my M1 MacBook’s using USB-C inputs so you might want to see if you have that on your MacBook and if so, make sure your monitor has that as well. HDMI has had the worst results on my MacBooks

Gigabyte M32u. High color accuracy and high refresh rate is very important for minimizing eye fatigue in my opinion.

Especially for late night cram sessions.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at monitors 4k 32" monitors for a year now.
I’ve not picked one up mainly because it is too pricey and I’ll wait for a good deal.

Dell G3223Q woud be a 144Hz IPS display.
Dell U3223QE is a 60Hz Panel bit coming with IPS-Black.

What monitors are you coming from?
There are 3 display techs to look at: VA/IPS/OLED

You don’t have a budget so OLED is obviously the nicest screen you can grab but I still have trust issues in terms of long term burn ins - I’m using two Dell 1080p IPS for 10yrs++ now.

After seeing the IPS-Black panel I’m leaning towards that myself but the difference in price for me is 620€ for the 144Hz gaming monitor to 860€ to the IPS-Black one.

So I personally am waiting for the U3223QE to drop about 200€ in price and I would grab it without hesitation. I’ve made up my mind in wanting IPS 32" 4k.

Not that I would recommend my specific model because its old AF, but… My Dell UltraSharp UP3216Q has been rock solid since I purchased it almost 7 years ago.

It cost me $1300 then and clearly competition and development have pushed the prices down and the features up, but it has been nearly flawless in that time and has proven its value.

I also tried the Acer Predator 32" which sucked monkey balls and never worked. It would constantly glitch and despite multiple RMA’s Acer insisted that nothing was wrong even when I could provide video proof of the issues.

I ended up doing a charge back to get the Dell and have no regrets. The Dell also works fine with a KVM which the Acer never did.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.