Best mini pc for network management software / Android x86 os in dual boot

i need to run the UniFi Network Application to manage my UniFi gear ,switchs an APs

but all my pc gear in linux os (pop os) an after a lot of trial n error the unifi software just wont work right on my linux

so im searching around for some cheap but ok mini pc with either windows or a barebone to load mac os

iv got a spare 4 an 8gb ram stick an a 128gb nvme drive , an 18in lcd display

the reason i need to pursue this is beside the UniFi Network Application ,

iv got some other gear the needs an has management that either doesnt work

right on linux or only is available on win an mac os , so im looking for ok sub 250$

mini pc to use specifically utility an management softwares that i wont need to use

that often but when i do at least works.

id once read that thers som beta MAC OS’s that are free to use on barebone gear , so

what i want to know an advice on is which of these mini pc would be best suited for these purposes an

if anyone can confirm that the UniFi Network Application does work on either win or mac os on one or

any of these mini’s an would control my Switch Flex Mini an other unifi gear that would be very helpful

pick 1 .

Mini PC, Desktop Computer, HTPC, AMD A6 Micro 6500T, BH11 / loaded with

https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Computer-Digital-Supported-Barebone/dp/B09NBKV9PS/ref=sr_1_4?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=Mini+Computers&refinements=p_n_operating_system_browse-bin:17702486011,p_n_condition-type:2224371011,p_n_feature_twenty-two_browse-bin:23447267011,p_36:-30000&rnid=2421879011&s=pc&sr=1-4&th=1

pick 2 .

Beelink Mini PC GK35 Windows 10 Pro Quad Core with Intel J3455, 8GB RAM 128G SSD

https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-T34-Windows-Computer-Ethernet/dp/B09DPR1TMR/ref=sr_1_4?crid=19WJ8VDNUAAI8&keywords=Mini+PC&refinements=p_85:2470955011,p_72:1248879011,p_36:1253506011&rnid=386442011&rps=1&s=electronics&sprefix=mini+pc+,electronics,86&sr=1-4&th=1#customerReviews

pick 3 .

Mini PC,6GB DDR4/ 64GB eMMC Windows 10 Mini Desktop

pick 4.

Mini PC Windows 10 Pro AWOW Mini Desktop Computer Intel Celeron J4125 8GB DDR4, NVMe M.2 128GB SSD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087MB58VR/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=f907fc8106ac6d338b22e14385fa2abe&hsa_cr_id=7528587020201&pd_rd_plhdr=t&ref=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_img&th=1#customerReviews

pick 5. Apple Mac mini, 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Dual Core, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD

pick 6. Apple Mac Mini Desktop Intel Core i5 2.6GHz (MGEN2LL/A

of any of these would work for my needs an would any of them also work with mac os version

Android x86 os in dual boot

could i run Android x86 os on this in a dual boot

is ther a nvme slot an whats the max ram amount an ram speed that can be installed

an does anyone know if the firewalla app will run on Android x86 os on a pc

an is adding a external blue-ray drive for ripping a 4k disc to back up with mkv

any suggestions on the best compatible internal drive to use with external adapter

this build is to be a nas / networking management utility control / blu-ray - 4k disc ripping base

Use docker, carefully read the instructions here:

… especially the “inform address” and IP address stuff.

(there’s also a macvlan “thing” you could theoretically do, I don’t know if pop os would interfere or not, you’d also need a macvlan on the host to allow the host to communicate with the controller)

ill give it a shot as iv tried docker before an its just over my head

if its not installable by .deb or flatpak i dont often try if thers not a clear sudo command input to go by

as iv bricked my os a few times with somethings not going in right that why i want to build a seperate mini pc dedicated for certain management softwares

im leaning torwards the Hp Elitedesk 800 G3 PC based on the specs an reviews

unless any of ther other picks are better but this one is got my eye unless its price goes up or is out of stock by the time ive got the cash

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.