Best Intro to a game ever? This is mine but what is yours?

Maybe not the best, but it brings back memories (any elite dangerous fans will like it)

I do think the deus ex HR intro is quite good

Tomb raider 2

C&C red alert as posted by @wolfleben

And not to forget Fallout 2 (ive not played 1, is that bad?) posted by @DeusQain

Those games have really stuck in my memory all this time (deus ex of course being recent)

3 Likes

The original doesn't look like crap on a CRT which is probably? how you remember seeing it first.

beat me to it. Loved the original, didn't enjoy the remake half as much.

One of my all time favorites last gen console games of all time.

there was a remake? FlashBack or Systemshock?

Not really, it did set the stage, but certain game mechanics were terribly broken, didn't render the game unplayable, just annoying.

They fixed most of the issues that I experienced in FO1 with FO2.

Fuck Yes! The hell march gets me pumped every time.

1 Like

I came here to post Red Alert opening. Good work. Carry on. You too wafflebeen.

I love the german being used in the russian theme music.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it was Flashback... one of my favourite games from the early 90's. It just didn't capture the original well enough for most people's liking..

Other than the tarted up graphics I would say its almost spot on, its almost the exact same game from that click you just posted.

If you are replying to me, you obviously haven't played it?

If you think because it looks the same, it plays the same, you couldn't be more wrong. The mechanics are off, the voice acting is poor, animation is shoddy, soundtrack is terrible, the game has broken elements all over the place and bugs out regularly. There's not one instance where I'd say the game is better than the original. The worst thing for me? Scalign back the puzzles and placing much more emphasis on action (more enemies), rather than taking in the atmosphere.

I'm not the only one either..
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=flashback+remake

47% - User Score on Metacritic
50% - Metascore
60% - Steam
40% - Gamespot

I'd advise anyone to play the original over this rehash.

Incidentally, they included the original with this, but it is played through a window mode in the form of an arcade machine with an old school TV/Arcade style bevelled glass, which destorts the edges.. so you actually have to get an old console or load up a ROM to enjoy the 1992 goodness. What a shame!

I have that on my ps3, one of the best series from the ps2 era.

Final Fantasy X. I don't even like ff much but its still one of my favorites. Auron holding up his gourd to Sin with no spare fucks to give. This opening was mind-blowing for it's time.

1 Like

I know Bioshock 2 doesn't get a as much hype, but the moment Lamb steps forward and commands you...

2 Likes

It's my favorite for the sake of Nostalgia.

Love the part where Bahamut breaks free and goes on a rampage.

come on guys start with the basics

1 Like

this brings me back

Definitely Freelancer

Oni is cringey for me but if you like gits or anime in general it's on par: