Best Intro to a game ever? This is mine but what is yours?

In my opinion the best video game intro but do share yours!

This is the intro to Duke Nukem : Land of the Babes and the song is Static-X Push it.

Hope someone finds this post somewhat nostalgic. Regardless thanks to any submissions of your top intros! haha

1 Like

Last of us is probably my favourite so far, very hard to beat as an intro :D

1 Like

I think one of my favorites would have to be Flash Back

There are others... Like SystemShock

2 Likes

The intro to Fallout New Vegas.

1 Like

Another World... this is how I remember it:

This is how it really looked:

Rose tinted goggles in action :)

This intro from The classic RTS Command and Conquer: Red Alert was great in my opinion:

7 Likes

Hah!

Scanlines.. I am guessing this was with the original cinepak encoder :D

The Last of Us has the best intro, but Jak and Daxter is a close second. They're both completely different games. Naughty Dog are good with intros.

I always enjoyed being talked to while I ride the Black Mesa Transit System.

Do you have a friend or relative that could make a valuable edition to the Black Mesa Team?
Immediate openings are available.......

1 Like

I was just gonna post that : ) Instead, I'll just leave this here:

If we are going that route, how about the BroodWar Expansion?

1 Like

Who am I kidding...

One of my favorites?

Followed by this one:

2 Likes

I missed out on the original starcraft and broodwar, always meant to try them out but I wasnt too sure they would still be good by todays (e.g starcraft 2 etc) standards

1 Like

Rize and Shine Mr. Freeman. Rize and Shine.

1 Like

Surprised no one has mentioned any of the bioshocks yet :D

"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?"

Also awesome. I remember getting a new computer in 99 and being super excited to see the StarCraft/Broodwar intros and cutscenes on my new 19" trinitron lol. Seems so quaint now...

Give em a go. The battle chest is cheap, and the games still hold up pretty well. The core mechanics are very much the same as SC2. The major difference is in graphics really. Obviously there's a different single player story, different music (though still great and very much similar in tone), different units, different balancing and some new features, but it's largely the same game. And even though it's 2d, it's really well done 2d with great sprites and backgrounds, so it remains very playable.

one more..

All men dream, but not all men dream equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did.
T.E Lawrence

Oooh yeah

1 Like