? best Gigabit PoE Switch for IP POE Cameras

would a Aumox 8 Port Gigabit PoE Switch, (SG308P) correctly power 4 of these ?

That switch will work fine with no problems

Best is very subjective on cost. You could easily spend over $1000 on a PoE switch

2 Likes

the best im looking for is sub 200$ after sh&tx

He does some good reviews on cameras

1 Like

A used Cisco SG300-10P for a small switch, or if you can find a good deal, a used Cisco SG300-28P will give you a good balance of cost, low power operation, cool looks (That counts, right?) and a lot more features, so you can easily do VLAN’s and things in the future

If you’re not looking to get into VLAN’s, then honestly anything will work

Personally I would put more budget into the cameras

1 Like

I like Mikrotik for stuff like this.

thanks for all that an i am looking to get into VLAN’s espeacilly any switch that has control an config software for linux (pop os)

For VLAN support and absolute lowest price, go for this TP-Link

It has Vlans, web interface so will work from Linux…
Mikrotiks will be fine (web UI) if you use switchos (web interface) or routeros and the cli. Their main config app (winbox) is windows only, and you will need it for first config if your switch does not have management/console ports and or when you mess up the config of the admin interface…
If you want something more smb, then an equivalent Zyxel or Netgear will cost you two/three times more, same for a used Cisco

I have no issue with used networking gear, but being Poe you must make sure the power delivery part is still good… I bought plenty of used network gear and the only one I ever had issues with was a Poe one that came in, works flawlessly, but had 8 of the 24 Poe power delivery circuits non functional…

1 Like

ok thanks will do