Best cpu for the money when gaming

its known fx series run hotter than intel.

do i really have to camcord and prove?

also we all know fx8320 stock cooler hums like theres bo tomorrow... Go do youtube searches.

if i have time tonight i'd use a decibell meter and show you sounds of. Camcord Stock 8320, noctua/evo 8350 and noctua/evo 3570k.

obvious chips dont make the sounds... Its the coolers...

by the way fx6300 on bf3 1440p 64player settings ultra - min: 35fps gpu: 7950

by the way fx8350 on bf3 1440p 64player settings ultra - min: 45+fps gpu: 7950

So njm1112 does that answer your question?

i was like many others asking forums if a fx6300 was good, i was so mislead by forum trolls. Its terrible if you play multithreaded games esep if you plan to crossfire/sli. Get a 8320/8350 and save yourself the trouble.

To answe OP post get a 4770k

its known fx series run hotter than intel.

I am sorry but thats utter BS FX chips run up to 70c intel chips will run all the way up to 100c

Dayz isn't optimized for any platform since it is in alpha stage and maybe beta next year. Rome 2 is a game riddled with bugs from releaseand they have at least been patching to resolve many of them. This is more developer problem on those dev teams part than intel/amd problem. 

Getting back on topic:

Best price/performance budget: FX 8320 (eight core for $150!)

Best Intel price/performance (no multiplier overclocking): Xeon E3 1230 v3 (i7 4770 with its iGPU lasered off) 

Best processor bar none for gaming: Intel i7 4770K (though it is expensive for the very minor performance increase from an i5) 

Dump $$$$$ for 6 core hyperthreaded Intel epeen: Intel 4960X (not worth $1000)

My suggestion: if you don't mind fiddling with the FSB clock to overclock (or don't care to overclock), the Xeon processor is the best for the price as you could probably match an i7 overclock. Otherwise if you are wanting something cheaper, the 8350 or 8320 is good (8350 supposedly is binned slightly higher when it comes to overclocking. Worth the extra $50? You decide). 

Best processor bar none for gaming: Intel i7 4770K (though it is expensive for the very minor performance increase from an i5)

That's an understatement:

While I do understand the interest in overclocking, it's also worth noting that the "k" versions have certain functionalities disabled, most notably the virtualization technologies. If you're interested in linux and want to play Windows games from a virtual container, you need those functionalities.

You don't have this trade-off with the AMD counterparts: the FX CPUs have all the functionalities enabled, including overclocking, so you don't have to choose one or the other.

EDIT: forgot the link to the article: http://anandtech.com/show/7189/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-september-2013

Re: Cooperman

Excuse me, i said stock.

Look at my screen shots of my 8320/8350/3570k all are using the same manufacturer mobo (asrock extreme 4 series), same hdd wd blue, same t.paste & method pea size, same sdd s.pro and same cooler evo 212+noctua on normal cable.

At idle FX runs hotter than Intel.
Underload = SAME RESULTS

markgab you just showed me a i5 runing @1.6ghz dont make my slap you over the internets!

FX 8350 is running at full clock speed and the FX 8320 is running at full clock speed the i5 is in power saveing mode running @ 1.6ghz

I would say 8320 RIGHT NOW because it is $100 at microcenter (Febuary 2014 only) which is cheaper than amd's quad core.

8320: http://www.microcenter.com/product/401796/FX_8320_Black_Edition_35GHz_AM3_Boxed_Processor

So @cooperman can i kick your balls all over the net?
dota 2 running in both systems hmmmm

So what facts do you base your judgement on? Synthetic & quoted from others? LOL
Get yourself the chips, run both at stock and prove to me a fx8350 runs cooler than a 3570k underload.
Btw my ambient temp is 22c *Sydney*

I went from 6300>3570k>8350>8320.
Tools like AHEM? WHO? kept suggesting a fx6300 is fine ......
I fell in the trap and i got the fx6300... i expected i5/8350 results when playing old games but was so wrong.
Then i switched to 3570k&8350.... when i did, my minimum FPS greatly increased by like 10-15 frames.
In actual terms a fx6300 is the the middle of an i3 and i5 when gaming

The FX-8320 is a really good deal. For what it's worth, I'm running a mildly overclocked FX-6300 and have had no issues running anything I have thrown at it. For gaming the GPU is more important in most cases, so I would put the saved dollars there.

OC an FX-6300 dude. It's gold for the money...

No

1. How do I know those numbers are not made up? Link please?

2. Do you really think that we think you're a credible source if  you're just spewing words in this thread. getting angry over a tiny piece of silicon?

#04a84c ;">It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

#04a84c ;">~Mark Twain

I see those pictures and raise you this. Why is your chassis fan2 running almost 3000rpm faster when the cpu is only 10C hotter and still well within the safe the TJ max??

Everyone who complains about noise should follow these two steps

1. Look at their temps and see if they're acceptable. Yours are so i don't know what your're complaining about.

2. If they are acceptable, adjust your fan curve. to your liking. Problem SOLVED

NJM1112 are you sherlock holmes?
Its not a chasis fan thats running at 3000rpm, its a switchable fan that cools the heatpipe that loops to the 990fx chipset (It's called Cool Heatpipe Design) AND BTW THAT DOESNT EVEN MAKE A SOUND. My chasis fans are not even connected to the mobo.... its define r4 stock under 5w.

Read before you make assumptions.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme4/

OBVIOUSLY i know where my noise is coming from its the CPU, why would i have changed the stock cooler to a evo212+noctua? and that setup still gives a low humming sound under load as compared to an i5.

Don't say i'm an INTEL fanboy.

I'm an AMD user and just stating the facts.

The picture you posted clearly says "CHASIS FAN"

AM I WRONG TO ASSUME IT IS A FAN ATTACHED TO THE CASE? sorry i used rational thought.

I didn't once call you a fanboy of any kind. In-fact, No one called you a fanboy

My previous statement still stands. If you are unsatisfied by the noise coming from the CPU fan and you're within acceptable temps. Lower your fan curve.

Read before you make assumptions. links mobo

I'm sorry. I was not able to see what exact motherboard you were using because 1. You did not state in previous comments. 2. it's not on your profile 3. your screenshots only shows an ASrock utility and not the model #. There are four different extreme4 boards [2 for each chipset] and i am unfamiliar with this utility, as I am sure just about everyone else in this thread is. I hope you understand why i did not make other assumptions about your "Chasis Fan"

Your assumption is fine, it does say chasis. The manufactures flaw.

My fanboy comment was open to all, as someone might go ahead and say my comments seems to favor Intel.

Regarding adjusting fan curve on the 8350, its pointless with an AMD. The mobos threshold is 70c+ otherwise the sound goes off while ingame when it reaches the treshold. Tested with noctuas silent cable but it runs hot (noctua pwn s cable). Its a give and take issue with AMD chips sacrifice sound for lower temps or higher temps and lower sounds.

I would say a fx8320 is a good chip lower freq but has lower temps.