Best Chiptune?

You can do more than imagine

I do love me demos made for reasons other than for showing at parties

1 Like

Do you actively partake in the demoscene?

yes, though the local party closed down before I'd even heard about the scene.

Call me crazy but I kinda like some of Adhesive Wombat's stuff, particularly Symphony of a Forgotten Sprite

2 Likes

That song is great, reminds me somewhat of some of some of Rob Hubbards stuff like Monty Mole and the Skate or Die C64 loader

1 Like

Have you seen the stuff Mahoney is doing on the c64? He came back to the scene with a vengeance and is pushing the c64's sound capabilities to incredible new places.

Cubase64 ....wth?!

Don't forget about mahoney's mp3 decoder:

some guys managed to get 4 8 bit sample channels and 2 synth channels all filterable out of the sid a while ago

It boggles the mind.

People do crazy things with old hardware

Yeah I know that one. It's what I always loved about the scene. Though when I was active it was relatively new hardware, so we were experimenting wildly to find hidden registers to abuse etc. So with 20 years to mature (and it often being the same people from back then) it's almost granted it had to come to this. I don't think we have seen the last technical revelation from these old machines. Though the Amiga scene largely went fast AGA for newer things it seems.

edit. Btw, do you mind me asking where you're from? Since there are no longer parties there. That's a shame.

I like Wizball and the Ocean loaders but also this.. (simple tastes)

I remember holding my ZX Spectrum upto my ear and thinking WTF!?

People are doing some pretty damn impressive stuff with AGA:

Imagine what it would have been like if Commodore had had something like that running in-store back in the day.

I'm from the US, Utah more specifically, pilgrimage closed down a couple years before I started getting into the scene. The closest thing to a demo I've ever made was a glitchy TI-Basic 3d renderer thing. I just like getting blown away when dated hardware does incredible things.

Yeah the black lotus crew. Its fast AGA. You can't run that on anything less than a 060 (50mhz) at that framerate, if at all. At the time the A4000 line was extortionately expensive. It makes it no less impressive though. The greetings part is pure love. What a bunch of work they put into all those logos.

though we need more Follin in here!!

1 hour 30 min of Dubmood's dance oriented chiptunes from a live concert

:D

You might find this one interesting then.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like