Best AMD 8 Core to buy and OC

you mean tdp ?

yes

8320 has best/performance/price ratio

4690K is allot ahead on FX8350 in cpu + gpu demending games.

And in video editing / rendering meh, the 4790k blows the FX to the moon realy. But yeah thats not a fair compairisson, because of the price diffrence.

good question, i might say probably yes.

Since both cpu´s are basicly totaly the same, in terms of architecture. the FX9xxx series are just higher binned FX8350´s. 

So my ansewr to this is yes.

Alright, this is going nowhere fast. I am going to make one more post about this and then be done with it.

The thing that I have been trying to get at here is that a cheap i5 (the 4440 is ~$175 on Amazon right now) gets roughly the same performance (or better in some games) as an overclocked 8350 such as the 9590. It is hard to find benchmarks for the cheaper i5s so this is what I could get (link below). Pair that with a cheap 1150 mobo (don't need z97 if you aren't overclocking), and then you have a good, cheap gaming set up. You also get less heat output, lower energy consumption, and the possibility to easily upgrade to a better cpu in the future (non-k i7). The OP was talking about spending like $600 anyway, so he could go with a 4790k and a good z97 board from the start though. So there you go.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/5135/26/amd-fx-9590-and-fx-9370-review-amds-return-to-the-high-end-market-benchmarks-hd-7970-crysis-3-1920x1080-medium

you are totaly right.

even if you overclock a FX to the moon, you still not gonne improve the ipc by much.

Topic starter stated that he has $600 to spend on a cpu + mobo. He will be gaming and live streaming, $600 for cpu an mobo, he can easaly afford a 4790k + decent Z97 board.

In my opinnion he should go with this. because an i7 will realy be benefitting in streaming.

Offcourse AMD is still great price to performance wise, dont get me wrong guys ☺

I have a FX8350 my self allmost 2 years allready.

Also, for price to performance, lets not forget the 8320/8320E. If you dont care about a massive overclock, at $149 its a steal. At about $90 less than a 4670/4690k, its a MUCH better value.

Its hard for me being a amd guy for so long to even recommend amd for anything but smallest of budgets. No progression on the amd side of things leaves me to recommend going with any of the newer intel offerings. Have to admitt the gpu side right now is pretty sweet in the price for performance but thats about it. Go with the intel platform.

SchizophrenicEuphoria: And what do you mean by FX8xxx are not 8 cores? I guess I missed something a while back

AMD FX8 8cores, are true 8 cores.

However amd works with modules 4 modules with each 2 core´s. Sharing cache and a FPU.

So theoreticly its a 8 core, however since 2 cores are inside a module, it doesnt fully work like one, because they share a FPU and cache.

I think JayzTwoCents puts this whole thing into perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvLRZxRL8N8&list=PLOXo4ndvQK7-ZXn1HricYaaiogjT94XLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDVcpAhegWs

Agreed and agreed. $600 4790k is the best 40 lane cup that isn't $1k.

i would purchase Intel and pair of r9 290 or 970's call it good.

It's pretty much luck of the draw,i got the 8320 and I got lucky. 4.4 ghz stock 1.320voltage and 4.7ghz ~1.404-1.414 but the damn cooler can't handle the heat and it sounds like a bloody jet engine so I just keep it a 4.4ghz since I'll never notice those extra 300mhz. Plus I hate loud PCs,mine's so quiet I can barely hear it and I like to keep it that way. I'd say go for a 8320 and hope for the best,anything above 4.5ghz wouldn't exactly matter anymore unless you're at 5.0 and you do a lot of rendering

I can generally agree with that. the 8320/newer 8320e are the best buys out there. At 90-100 dollars cheaper than the 4670k, it has untouchable value. I havent seen an 8320 which couldnt do 4.4

well if you do productivity stuf aswell then yes FX8320 is a good value for money.

But for just gaming.. and i mean any type of games... idk

FX8320 still needs a decent cooling, and a good mobo, now a good mobo, depends allot on the chipset, if you dont care about cf/sli then you could go with the best 970 board for arround $100 or so. Then its a nice setup.

However, keep in mind that a locked i5-4460 and such still offer better gaming performance. No matter how high you overclock the FX.

i5-4460 is cheaper the 4690k, because its lower clocked and locked, so you cant overclock, however this means that you can use the stock cooler if you like, and one of the cheaper H97 boards and such. Then you still could be cheaper then a FX8320 setup.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BbsfnQ

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7FMw7P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqQdrs5wEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_eaAe9wUQ

Note that the i5-4460 is 3.2ghz base 3.4ghz turbo.

$149 FX 8320 --easy 4.4 

$135 dollar motherboard 990fx, cheaper if 970

$30 bucks hyper 212 evo

$314

i5 4460- Still $189

Decent h87 motherboard- $110

Price ~$299

The  price difference for 4.4 GHz 8320 vs i5 4460 is LITERALLY the price of the cooler, which is probably QUIETER and will most likely lower your systems case temps as well, so you get an added benefit.

With my build out, the price is literally about the same, and the FX8320 system is CHEAPER if I threw in a 970 motherboard and said stick with stock speeds and cooling.

Benchmarks

4460 (3.4 GHz turbo) passmark- 6746

FX 8370 ( 4.3GHz turbo, similar to a 4.4GHZ 8320 ) - 9350

If you watch your video, the 8350/9370  (a 4.4 GHz 8320 is between the two in performance) are within 10 FPS at all times of the 4460, all at still playable rates (Except Crysis 3, but that could also be the video cards problem, review doesn't say which it is) and beats the i5 in just about every other benchmark.

I understand what you are saying, but at the price point of $149, the 8320 is a MUCH more rounded chip, and does JUST FINE in gaming. No its not "The Best", but it is damn close enough for 1080p gaming and is BETTER in alot of other circumstances to boot...even at STOCK.

And, since we are talking specifically about gaming, and generally people have a limited budget; It is STILL a better option to go with an 8320 and a BETTER graphics card, than got with a 4670k and a WEAKER graphics card. There is more bang for your dollar in upgrading a GPU than there is upgrading your CPU.

Yes but the i5 is still better in every game you trow at it, no matter which gpu.

I will even state that if you use a highend gpu, then the i5 will be allot more capable to max out gpu´s then the FX8320 will be even at 4.4 ghz.

AMD has a hard time keep up with that locked intel i5-4460 even overclocked.

The 9590 which is 5.0 ghz FX8350 gets beaten by a locked i5 on 3.2 ghz. in pure gaming.

The only bang for buck cpu for gaming that amd currently has is the FX6300.

ONly in gpu bound games amd can keep up with intel haswell, because the cpu makes less sense, but in cpu bound or cpu + gpu bound games, amd just cannot keep up with intel

just check every reliable source out there.

I own a FX8350 my self, and it serves me realy well still. But i cannot deney that an haswell i5 is just better for gaming

But you are so over estimating the performance losses of using "weak" CPU's in combination with "strong" GPUs. And you are assuming everyone building a gaming rig needs a GTX 9xx or R9 29X.

Most people are going to wind up with the R9 285/ GTX 760 class of cards or LOWER for 1080p gaming. Games at 1080p are becoming relatively easier to render and are better utilizing mutiple cores. In the near future we will have DX12 and Mantle enabled games.  You can, today, play MOST games at 1080p with a Socket AM1 Kabini chip and a GTX 750ti class card. 

So for MOST gamers even the FX 8320 is more than enough and is a by far the best bang for buck, with the exception of perhaps the FX6300 you mentioned. Yes Intel at some price points is a much better performance for your dollar, The Pentium G3258 is a great example of this.

But seriously, FX chips, although old, hot and relatively slow are GREAT VALUE chips. That is why i've been building them, but that is also why i build with the G3258. There is no need to be an evangalista about people not buying FX 8-cores for gaming. The 4670k is out of the price range, and the G3258 can't compare, and any enthusiast worth his salt will want an unlocked CPU unless hes buying server-grade chip.

EDIT: And Yes, I am aware that Intel, in most games, with a fairly strong GPU, will perform better than an AMD chip. Thats why I bought a 4670k. BUT if I had LESS MONEY I would have built myself an 8320 or waited for the G325. At ITS PRICE POINT the lower-end 8-core AMD CPUs are the BEST VALUE

I personally would rather have a smartly built 8320 system then a locked i5 4460 but a 4460 build would make a lot of sense for a pure gaming build. All I am going to say is if you can do a 4690k build without making stupid sacrifices you should do it. If you can get the i5 by just doing something small like postponing the cooler it is worth doing. Or if the choice is between a 4690k on a 150 dollar board with a phanteks ph-tc12dx vs a 8350 a 100+ cooler and a crosshair v formula-z or sabertooth 990fx to chase a crazy unneeded overclock you should get the 4690k.

If you are going to build a fx system build smart is all I'm saying. Know your needs and the chips strengths and limitations and build a balanced system for a good price.

Then again if you just love overclocking and want a fx biased system to see how far you can push it knowing full well it wont be a better gaming system then a similarly priced Intel one I wont judge.