Best All-Around Media Player

I'm looking for something that shits on iTunes. I want to seperate myself from its DRM bullshit, so I'm going to a new media player. The main reason for this is so I can just have it watch my Music folder, and since it can only see DRM free shit, then manage accordingly, and bahleet/crack DRM'd shit.

I was thinking winamp, but I want your opinions and shit. Don't forget links.

most people will tell you foobar its really good and little system resources

Most people will tell you to ESAD its really good and lots of shit resources.

I'd say vlc because it plays everything, but the ui is terrible for music.

basically Foobar and vlc combo. Both use very little resources. under 20megs.

Mediamonkey.....

Autotag ftw..

foobar should be the end all music player...

and I still use media player classic... it plays about everything..

a friend of mine opened another program that also plays mkv files... forgot what it was... thing it was orange... hmm.

1 Like

orange cone? its prob VLC player, and i use foobar for music, wmp for vids

I use Foobar and VLC.

idk about VLC, it cant handle HD movies as good, its always out of sync and u see alot of lines, idk wat u all that

I use Media Player Classic with K-Lite codec pack.

VLC never fails on me, even in HD.

Foobar for music (hards down Foobar, the best)

Media Player Classic with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack for movies.

i used to use VLC all the time for videos, but now i find that media player classic(MPC) works/plays videos better, especially HD ones. before, on my dell, VLC would go out of sync with HD videos easily. so VLC is the backup for now.. and i use foobar for music, itunes sometimes for when adding music to the ipod.

Yeah, K-Lite codec pack is a must have ^.^

winamp for music, and Media Player Classic for Full Screen Video 720p and up. Winamp cant upscale well but its still a bomb ass lightweight MP3 player.

I did try Winamp, but the interface is a clusterfuck. I remember using a good WMP11 skin that looked real nice and clean, but installing it was another clusterfuck. I've decided on Foobar, because of well...everything WinAmp has, but better! Also, who doesn't have either K-lite/MPClassic or VLC?

Divx 7.0 is great, it plays MKV files too.

Amazing quality!

DivX? GTFO lol...jaykay, jaykay

What's wrong with DivX? I'm talking about the free version lol...

I dun pay for that shit. xD

I use GOM player for videos and occasionally for music. If not, WMP and foobar.