Benchmark Request: 7950X3D Dwarf Fortress Worldgen

The last gen 5800X3D was amazing at DF world-gen which tends to be a benchmark that loves memory bandwidth.

Since I saw that benchmark, I think they have re-written the Worldgen system but I would love to see how fast it can generate from the same seed when lassoed to each core.

I would be doing it myself but new stock doesn’t come to the UK till next weekend.

Thank you in advance!

So the only benchmark out there for this doesn’t even tell us which core ends up being used, and it does the same for Factorio, very lazy.

People here seem to have one now, so at the wrist of a mod slapping my wrist, I’ll do this one bump.

Want me to do this on a fresh map or? Same as I did last time right?

2 Likes

Oh yes please!

I think comparing the cores on something that traditionally scaled best with ram speed and timing would be fascinating!

Long as it’s the same seed and size etc. it should make for a great comparison, either years/min to a set date or set time left generating would work I think.

Edit: 7950X3D just seems impossible to get in the UK right now, more stock every two weeks, so next lot will be end of the month. I’m a gamer and creator with a single PC so it’s actually an amazing option for me.

I ordered a 7950x3d but i havent got it yet but i would love to do some benching

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.