Before I buy - 4-Port KM s/w - Can you get digital audio output?

KVM Model:

4-Port KM Switch

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

5 gigabit

Problem:

Is the USB3 port on the back of this unit able output digital audio that is combined from the inputs regardless of what device you are using? From the product page I don’t think it is clear that it can or if the 3.5mm analog jack is the audio output.

Other Notes:

I want to route my work laptop audio into my DAC while being still being able to listen to music/video on my home computer.

Normally you can only hear the audio that is being played on the selected input, however, there’s an “audio follows input” hotkey that will carry the audio from a device (laptop in your case) to whatever device is currently selected. The USB3 ports are capable of audio connections, for instance a USB DAC could be plugged in.

Thanks Amber, I think the latter option there would be perfect for my use case to allow me to have output to the DAC from my PC while using my work laptop but still be able to switch over when I get a call :slight_smile:

As an aside, the shipping cost to the UK seems a bit high at $81?

Hm, DM me and we’ll see if I can quote you a cheaper price from the office. We might also have a scratch & dent at the office to further lower the price if you’re interested.