Air fried steak. My go to meal when I haven’t made my usual broccoli stir fry and want something fast. This time I got tomato as a side and snack
The steak I had yesterday
Paired it with a 312 from Goose Island, as per suggestion above. I tried a can from my roommate a while back and found it to be very bitter.
The steak for today in between meal prep
Paired it with a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, as per suggestion above within the same post. The flavor tasted like chocolate or coffee. Personally, I preferred the Vanilla Porter over the 312 when paired with steak.
Last week I decided to talk to the butcher and learned that they can filet (cut a thick piece half to thinner pieces) in addition to cutting my beef into strips. I also asked for recommendations of other lean cuts of beef for my stir fry. Last week I tried sirloin tip. It was very chewy.
This week, I got top sirloin and bottom round. I was originally going to only buy top sirloin, but they only had a pound and a half. The butcher recommended bottom round, so I got both. I’ve only had a couple pieces, but the top sirloin is a lot more tender compared to bottom round and sirloin tip.
On first impressions between bottom round and sirloin tip, I’d say it’s a toss up. Bottom round doesn’t have as much thick connective tissue as sirloin tip.
Having the butcher cut the meat into strips really helped reduce my prep time, and I will probably have them cut it to strips for future stir fry.





