Battlefield 4 update

So the lovely folks over at DICE/EA finally decided that it was time to finally implement Mantle (YAY!). So, they released a 1.3GB patch that auto downloaded automatically and gave no link to a changelog.  When I finally get it installed, and I boot into my favorite server (a TDM server), I find that there is no sound. Ok, maybe it's a syncing issue. So I relogged, still no sound. Okay, maybe it's the server. Try a new server, still no sound. I hear in chat that it's only for your first game on a server, so I wait out a game. Still no sound.

Finally, very fed up, I begin googling. I find that, with this new "patch", DICE/EA have completely broken all in game sound on both DTM and SDM (the only gamemodes I really play). In addition, there is also a 0 health bug that is causing a lot of unfair kills/deaths.

This rant was simply to point out how beautiful and great EA really is. They release a patch that helps a SMALL portion of users by introducing Mantle, but in the process make two of the most popular gamemodes unplayable by breaking the sound for EVERYONE. Good going EA, can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!.

Reminds me of when CoD Black ops released a patch and I lost sound. Definitely makes for an interesting gaming experience.

And I've been hearing the mantle has wrecked image quality for a lot of AMD users. lol, great job EA.

And I've been hearing the mantle has wrecked image quality for a lot of AMD users. lol, great job EA.

It hasent wrecked anything there is just lighting effect differnce's that need tweeking and its to be expected with a first beta driver..

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/60846

Not happy with it, If I enter a tank gunner the game crashes. If I got out of map bounds, 50% chance of crash. I have to restart my PC if it does. I hate sound like a broken record, but damn I just want to play without any major issues