Basemark GPU: Post your score

Today basemark released a free GPU benchmark which seems to finally offer a good GPU test across platforms and APIs from what I can tell.

Would be great if people run the benchmark and report their scores in this thread.

It’s available for Windows, Linux and Android currently and supports OpenGL and Vulkan, with plans to add Metal and DirectX12.

www.basemark.com/products/basemark-gpu/

3 Likes

I don´t like the “forced result submit” and “online only” (whatever the asterisk means)

“Linux” means Debian/Ubuntu only… hopefully that changes.

From Anandtech:

The key characteristic of Basemark GPU is that it’s aiming for all platforms and graphics APIs - with different workload complexities depending on wether you’re running it on desktop platforms, or mobile devices.

A benchmark that is supposed to be cross everything doesn’t make sense to me if it doesn’t play fair.

Also @MazeFrame has a point, if you want data in exchange for your benchmark, fine. But not even giving out the full results… sounds like a bad deal.

It certainly looks pretty, but the caveats just mentioned in this thread make me a little hesitant.

• Feels weird that they’re forcing the end user to stay online and submit results. Pay them or they’ll take your data?
  • Different workloads based on platform completely invalidates any cross comparison IMO.

Snapdragon 845 Oneplus 6

Hmm, Vulkan on Vega seems to be bugged…

http://www.geeks3d.com/20180620/tested-basemark-gpu-new-graphics-benchmark-opengl-and-vulkan/

Also explicitly not mentioning AMD…

Basemark GPU is developed in close cooperation with key player semiconductor companies, such as Imagination Technologies, Intel, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Renesas within Basemark’s benchmark development program. This close cooperation with the leading GPU and CPU companies of the world ensures that the benchmark will be extremely reliable and also represent the utmost in objectivity.

I don’t know, will wait and see.

1 Like

Did AMD cooperate with the development?

Weren’t these guys just dumped by Apple?

I don’t know, I wasn’t there. It’s just funny that for a GPU benchmark AMD isn’t in that list.

Well if they weren’t involved in the development, why would they be?

Yes, and then they were bought by Canyon Bridge.

Yeah. Exactly.

I’ll give the bench a shot when I get home. On another Vega card.

Thanks I’d love to see some numbers.

Tried on OpenGL, preformed better than Vulkan.

Assuming my phone isn’t an outlier, if you deny the app permission to access photos/videos/files on Android it won’t work.

:man_shrugging:

It needs to store the benchmark results.

Vulkan failure.

Running OpenGL now.

Edit:

Well that was cool, it locked up my linux PC completely.

I don’t know what this is even supposed to mean: