L1's Garage

It’s like @thro mentioned could have been oil there and oil and water don’t mix which results in a slip and slide lol.

Drove my WRX for the first time in a week. After dailying a 117hp truck my 280hp WRX felt like a damn rocket ship.

1 Like

7 Likes

I watch that channel. To my knowledge he always credits the original uploader in the description. I’m not a huge fan of that style of youtuber either but he seems the least scummy and otherwise some of these videos would get no attention. At least he asks and give credit.

I’m ashamed to admit I’ve done this with lug nuts more than I should.

I may have just found my ECU problem with the cruising ratios…

the system may have been hitting over-run fuel cut (basically engine brake fuel-cut) because I enabled but didn’t tune it, so it was enabling whenever I was under 48kpa and 8% throttle… Datalogging indicates 7% throttle and 44kpa.

Going to grab lunch now, will be testing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: no dice… I’m so confused on this…

1 Like

Sold my old car.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m starting to think I’ve got a coil going bad.

I’m getting an occasional misfire at idle, 16 degrees timing, 14.2 AFR, 950rpm.

Once the engine cools, I’m gonna pull the plugs and see if they’re good, if they are, I’m going to order the fab9 Coil on Plug kit.

2 Likes

What’s next?

Getting a new job or buying a house.

1 Like

Why not both

I see. Both are a much smarter moves then getting a car to dump your money in.

1 Like

Stop giving me good advice

1 Like

Job would mean better pay (latest job interview would be 20-30% increase in pay), but lenders aren’t a huge fan of giving money to young folk fresh after changing job. That would mean having to rent, and rentals in that location and also locally are just stupid.

House would mean less month debt, but I’ll be completely locked in my current lower paying job at least until I got a house, and that would mean that I can’t afford as nice a house. I’m perfectly fine with a fixer, but those almost don’t exist within a preferred commute time from either my current employer or the latest interview place.

1 Like

Speaking of smart moves. If I had 1k this car would be in my driveway (assuming everything is there)

3 Likes

@SgtAwesomesauce got my Bluetooth OBDII adapter in the mail. So far just connected it and got torque pro.
No clue what I am doing. I assume just go for a drive and start logging data?
Of course no tuner atm but it should be fine to get a baseline no?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Just get a base line and see how the short ram effects Air to fuel ratio.

Do you have a wideband? If not, you’re not going to get useful results.

Also, short ram shouldn’t effect AFR. It should effect fuel mixture in cylinder.

But yeah, datalogging is the best way to get those numbers.

1 Like

Some rocket scientist posted this in my toyota pickup group.

1 Like

Flex seal spray on variety.

3 Likes