L1's Garage

That’s the beauty of rotaries.

Only problem is it’s probably about 6mpg and needs to be rebuilt every 100k-ish.

1 Like

assuming you weren’t driving too aggressively

some areas of road are just poorly designed to handle water runoff, is it possible that’s your problem?

I looked into the tires and they seem fine, so all I can think is just too much water for the tires to move.

Prime conditions for the oil to come to the surface but not enough water to wash it away yet. The best tyres in the world can only do so much.

At some point you need to drive to the conditions.

1 Like

I would just chalk it up to DEJA VU then. Though I highly recommend the Continental extremecontact DWS if you can get them in your size. Even on icey stuff they do amazing.

I’m just going to consider it a fluke. No sense in wasting new(ish) tires anyways.

Although Tirerack has an $80 MIR on Blizzaks, that’s tempting for winter tires.

My day’s peachy. Hbu?

3 Likes

shit.

glad you didn’t die!

1 Like

The air horn works. Can confirm.

3 Likes

That’s one hell of a horn

I should get a horn like that on my bike… shit like that happens all the time.

1 Like

I was on highway and got merged into. Between the wind and engine, I couldnt hear my horn outright. So I fixed that. I hear it now. Im also damn sure everyone else hears it too now. Wake em up from a stupor.

3 Likes

I leaned the Miata out a bit today, dropped the cruising ratios to about 16.5, adjusted the idle to between 13.9 and 14.2. I’m hoping to get it closer to 14.7 with a bit of timing adjustment. I also cranked up the timing to 18 at 500rpm because it’s not giving me enough power at 15 degrees.

Car’s running great now. :smiley:

Still a bit of cruise ratio search, but I only had 1.5 miles to test it since I was just running down to the sub shop.

2 Likes

yo, am I famous now?

lul. I kind of dont really care, but at the same time, do I really want to support a channel that gets all its views from others clips?

2 Likes

I get that. If you’re not sure about it, just politely decline. Hopefully it doesn’t incite a shitstorm.

I don’t see the comment?

On topic: If you want to grow your channel then it could gain some views, but I don’t think anything really ever comes from those clip montages.

1 Like

Might have been caught by the spam filter.

Yea youtube caught it as spam.

Personally, I don’t think I really care. He isnt claiming rights or any such. So I think Ill just let 'im. Let’em have their fun right? Doesnt really affect me either way. Maybe some keyboard warriors will come at my braking, horn, or rev matching. lul. I just found it kinda funny. The guy found this vid on like a 4 sub channel real quick too.

1 Like

I’ve never had my WRX slide and I’ve whooped it hard in the rain. I’d look into new tires.

Best tyres in the world won’t do shit if the road surface is covered in oil/diesel that has washed to the surface.

Seriously… i run hypersport tyres on my bikes. Get 5000-10,000km out of them (they’re super soft/sticky). I’ve run 11s on my 600, so it has traction off the line… without oil on the road it will wheelie off the line in the wet…

Taking off in the rain through a patch of water/diesel that had washed up, i had it light up first, second third and fourth gear at very light throttle application due to the slimy-ness.

These conditions are often the case if there has previously been oil or diesel spilled on that section of road that had sunk into the bitumen but has now been washed to the surface due to light rain that hasn’t yet been enough for it to run off elsewhere.

It simply doesn’t matter how good your tyres are in that instance, if there’s a layer of oil between them and the road, they are not going to grip.

Judging by the tire marks this morning I wasn’t the only one that had an issue.

I was lucky that my back tires stayed planted so I still had some control, otherwise if I had all four slide I would’ve had the chance to meet the sharp granite curb.