Automatic Activations of windows servers on vmware host

hi

I have been trying to get some information about activating Windows Server 2019 Datacenter automatically on my ESXi 7.0 vSphere host, but I just can’t seem to find much information.

Any information would be welcomed.

it wont activate till you enter a key.
on a vm install you typically skip entering a key.

this means when it finally boots.
it will stay temp active for about 30 days (some say 120) before pestering you for activation.
byt this point though i would typically be re-imaging the vm.

Hi
Thanks for the response
I do have a key, I however realise that I try to activate a third VM and it won’t accept the license. Not sure what’s happening here though. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this without activating it by entering the license manually similar to how it is done on a Hyper-V host.

yeah it wont allow you to register a key twice.

like i said i typically don’t bother activating a windows vm install, as you need a licence for each one.

if your running a vm and wanting it for a long term deal, then yeah activate each version with there own key.
but if you dont need to dont bother.

you might be able to sign into your ms account from the activated vm and have it register.
but you will have to risk killing the install, installing again and then signing into your ms account to see if the new install activates.
but someone else will have to confirm or kill that.