Auto Download Youtube Videos?

I feel like someone was asking about this not too long ago, but I couldn't find the topic.
Look; internet is garbage where I am. I was hoping while I am at work, I could have an app just automatically download the videos of the people I am subbed to so that when I get home I can actually watch the videos in full quality instead of the stop-and-start 144p that I am usually stuck with.

Anything like this available?

Depends of method you want to use:

You can either view the page on a browser like firefox and use addons like '1 click youtube video download' or flashgot and combining with a download manager like downthemall to download multiple videos.

Or you compile a list on txt file and use youtube-dl to batch download (haven't tested in windows, but there video of working in windows)

Hmmm, so nothing automated that I could just set up to let it run while I am working?
I mean, I guess neither of those methods are necessarily bad, I was kind of just hoping I could sign into my Youtube account via an app and as my subs uploaded video it would download them.

Actually youtube-dl might be what you want, reading the documentation it has options to login to an account and read play lists, but I never used so you have to test them.

I use jd downloader 2 for manually adding a list of videos that i want to (download) watch latter .

Just write a script that pulls urls from the subscription tab (make sure to pull upload date also), if you don’t know how, there are many tutorials online

And then format it to work with a YouTube-dl or similar and do a batch download

on linux just use youtube-dl. It’s a cli program with no bloat or adware to speak of.

All you need to do is pass it the url of the video and it takes care of the rest. Works for more than just youtube too.