Auto backup Full quality images to home server?

Does anyone know of an Android application with a Windows counterpart that will allow me to automatically save all the photos that I take to my home server? I don’t want to use Google Drive or OneDrive to do this because of quality and size restraints.

I don’t know if it runs on WIndows or not, but owncloud would do exactly what you need.

I use syncthing

3 Likes

i use foldersync with ssh/scp

but it also supports FTP and SMB

you can tell it to use that connection and sync two way / one way, delete dont delete after sync. on wifi or cell, charging only or not, all kinds of options

its nice, i use it to sync my music to my phone also. i have a folder that has the sync folders for images downloaded, download folder, camera and a sync folder to keep the same files on both sides.

last time i broke my phone i lost nothing, not even downloaded stuff, and with the new phone i just reversed the syncs and it put all the folders back with all my stuff.

1 Like

NextCloud is preferred over Owncloud.

1 Like

This doesn’t have a Windows counterpart, but there is an Android app called SweetHome that will automatically upload pictures when you connect to your home wifi. Supports SMB and NFS and a few others, I think. It also automatically deletes photos off your phone after a set period of time. Very handy.