AUR yaourt package won't build

Whenever I run makepkg -si --noconfirm with the file I cloned from the offical package of yaourt I always get
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
I'm a bit confused on how pacman could lack the dependencies for yaourt, alternative, I have been able to compile other programs with ease, but it's yaourt that is proving troubling, and advice?

It needs dependencies from AUR, you'll need to build those first

Where do I obtain those? Where are they listed? Thought that pacman could get them.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/yaourt/

pcaman will only handle the official packages and the community repository. you'll need aur for everything else. yaourt uses packages not in any repos so you need to get them from aur before you can use it.

AUR is not regulated like official repos. If someone deletes or modifies and forgets to declare a certain package that is a dependency of another, it has to be discovered by users, as the AUR is a user repo. There is no quality control on it other than the users themselves. If there is a broken link, you should probably point this out to the user who committed the package to the AUR.

Look at the yaourt AUR page, and look at the dependencies. See what ones are still needed from the AUR, and build them each, checking their dependencies also. It can become a bit of a rabbit hole, depending on what you're building, but from memory, yaourt and it's dependencies were tame, after that, yaourt handled it all for me

heres a tip, don't use yaourt.

just go to the AUR

git clone thislinkfromtheaur.git
cd thedirectoryitmade
vim PKGBUILD //look foranything fishy
makepkg -si

then it does its thing.

Don't use the --no-confirm flag. It will help you see the dependencies.

but get into a good habit of reading the AUR page to get any dependencies that it needs.

Sometimes you will need to enable the multilib repository to build 32bit packages/32bit dependencies.

Thanks, I just am tired of the lack of streamline, is their an application which reads the dependancies then goes to pacman, then goes to the AUR? That would make my life easier. Also I compiled it by installing all the dependiencies

yeah, all the "aur helpers" usually do that, but you have to compile them first as arch refuse to include them.

The only one I have found is yaourt, where do these better ones lie?

Take your pick

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers

Not saying any of them are any good. pacaur is probably your best bet.