Audible Audiobooks

I just bought A Game of Thrones from audible only to realise that it is DRM protected. This wouldn't bother me if it didn't mean I didn't have to use their terrible software that looks like it belongs in the 90's. My question is is there a way to listen to it through another service, optimally spotify?

Not sure if this is what you want, but thought I would post it in your thread, hope that is ok.  

Did you know you can turn ANY ebook into a audio book??  I have done it for years. Many years ago I bought a ebook program for my computer called "Ice book reader Pro". It cost 100 bucks, You get life time updates.

Now once you have that, find yourself a nice "tts" voice. Text to speech has some great voices if you look around. I use "bridget". Now that you have all that. Simply Use the program "ice book reader pro" and export ANY ebook you want to MP3.  Last One I did took about a hour. It will export the book with the voice you have set as default. 

I have a set of wireless head phones, So I can listen to any book on my computer while messing around the house, Or if I want, I can just read the book, with scroll mode on my 32 inch monitor, I can burn through a book in no time. 

This is why we have turned down the audible sponsorship stuff. I tried it as well... tried cracking it... tried to load it onto my own device... etc. We need a DRM free ebook store with a good selection.

1 Like

Yea we do. Especially when you straight up buy the book not a subscription.

Even worse than this is Apples audio books.  You buy them and its a one time download. so when your done and erase it or your computer crashes and you have to reload your iTunes library, no Audiobooks.  At least with Audible you can download it after a crash.  

For audiobooks, I use https://librivox.org.

All the books are published before 1923 due to legal reasons, but the selection is quite good.