Attention Canadians: Price error on 3900X and 3400G

Amazon.ca has the 3900X priced at $556.77 CAD and… the 3800X at $706.99. The descriptions are swapped too. If you’re buying a CPU right now, this is a great deal. That is, if you choose the 3900X!

I am so tempted but my 2700X is fine…

EDIT
And for those who want something lower budget that’s still in stock, there’s the 3400G for the price of the 3200G:

Clearly another botched labelling job. The description and technical details are all wrong. It remains to be seen what CPU actually ships out, but if you’re in the market to buy, might as well roll the dice.

Funny how the 3900X and 3400G are currently the #1 and #2 best sellers, respectively, in CPUs: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/bestsellers/electronics/1233052011/

4 Likes

Reminds me of that camera sale that amazon oopsied on. 2000 dollar camera for 99 dollars.

2 Likes

damn what a price, wish that price mishap would happen to the 3600 or 3700x, one can dream :eyes:

Must…not…click…buy! I already have one!! But that price!

2 Likes

Imagine if it really is the 3800x and you bought it.

Yeah but…

Ships in 1 or 2 months.
:slightly_frowning_face:

Either you get another CPU or you test your self-discipline. Success either way!

The invoice will say 3900X so you could argue for a credit or refund+credit.

Yeah, but it’s out of stock (or nearly so) at most stores, so par for the course.

2 Likes

Placed an order. We shall see what happens.

Cheers!

Ordered mine. Going to be a long 2 months. :love_you_gesture::grin::+1:

Good luck! Hopefully it won’t be 2 months. I got mine a week after launch. They only had 6 in stock at microcenter. I ordered online to reserve mine.

1 Like

I had the same estimate when I ordered mine on Friday. Looks like it will be arriving this Tuesday.
Hopefully it will actually be a 3900x :wink: :

1 Like

Nice. You will have to come back and let us know.

Will do.

Just arrived, it’s a 3800x. I’ll probably return it and get a 3700x, from what I’ve read there is < 5% between the two. Doesn’t seem worth it for $70.

3 Likes

I’m surprised it went thru. Usually on pricing errors amazon stops the order from going thru.

Definitely have them give you a credit for the error either way!

That is a shame,
have you talked with them about it?

I did speak with them. Wouldn’t offer a credit, only a free return. Might try again in a few days. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of complaints in the next few days.

Undoubtedly.

Maybe see if they’ll agree to ship you a 3900X as your invoice states. In any case, it was worth a shot.