Attention amd vfio users do not update your bios

that is NOT the patch for this issue

I tried with this guide (I said another but it was just I wanted to say it was guided to :smile: ) and patch.
Switching to Fedora or Arch is something I have in mind if I cann’t get successful.

Dude chill, I didn’t read his code blocks because of the Spanish, I didn’t realise it wasn’t the usual noob issue.

I’d need to see the make file given it’s referenced in the error. I’d suspect file access issues given it’s a dpkg error 2.

is it, isn’t?
http:// www .mediafire.com/folder/m9zcvcr09t1qw/Files

I changed:

> make -j8 deb-pkg LOCALVERSION=-custom
> cd ..
> dpkg -i *.deb

to this:

> sudo make -j $(nproc)
> sudo make modules_install
> sudo make install
> sudo update-initramfs -c -k 4.1.14 $
> sudo update-grub

And it seem it works. Now I don’t get error on virtual machine, and I was able to get output from passed card after drivers install. It’s stuck on TianoCore screen but it’s a good start :slight_smile: .
(And followingthis I have complete output )

that happens to me sometimes, it just usually needs a reset

I’d like to add that I got this issue on an ASROCK B450M Steel Legend motherboard. I updated to see if a newer BIOS would decrease latency in the VM in any way. I updated from v1.00 to v2.30. I’m getting exactly what is described here, but haven’t compiled the kernel with the patch yet. Will update when I have.

I was only having occasional problems with it after rebooting the VM, and then this BIOS prevented it from booting at all.

I’m pretty sure the patch is a sure fire fix. The pci.patch, NOT the quirks.patch

Hi all, after failing to compile a kernel with the pci.patch applied, I was desperate enough to try the BIOS downgrade method described here, in this video, which applies only to those with an AMI type BIOS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqwjVDKAnU

I don’t really recommend it if the kernel patch fixes your issue, and in my case, the verification checks that the author tells you to do DID NOT pass in any way on my computer with an ASUS ROG HERO VII wifi board, but I did it anyway out of desperation. It ended up working. I have a Ryzen 2700X, so it was safe to downgrade.

wow you got really lucky. That patch is universal. If any of you are having trouble compiling DO NOT downgrade BIOS - you will most likely soft brick your board. Get help compiling on your distro. Here is an example video I made for arch linux.

1 Like

Also, you’re probably going to want to use the latest BIOS in general depending on your cpu/board because it has new PBO rules / voltage offset stuff that gives A LOT more performance. The patch is the way to go.

I ran into this issue yesterday hours before seeing Spaceinvader One’s video on the problem.

x570 motherboard with bios including AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB. no video.

i see reference to a patch above… no instructions that i see though.
anyone willing to help an unraid/linux noob?

I upgraded my windows media server to x570 board with ryzen 3600 before deciding to go unraid…
Learned unraid, setup VM, passthrough GPU… no video… found these threads… FRACK!

Is unraid a linux distro? The patch is for the linux kernel. Anyway, patching your kernel will vary depending on which linux distro you use. I recommend just using arch because it’s the easiest to do things like patch your kernel, setup libvirt, etc. I can’t really help you patch unraid’s kernel but it looks like there’s a bit of info on this thread https://forums.unraid.net/topic/81525-patching-kernel/ .

If you decide to give up on unraid and use libvirt instead, this is a good guide: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

I’ve build a latest kernel with those patches for ryzen 3000, you can try it now to see if it help.
I cant post it in here, so you have to find it in unraid forum with title " [KERNEL]custom build kernel 5.2.7 for latest Ryzen 3000 and X570 sensors suppport and r8125 driver"

did you include the patch given in this thread?

I patched everything from /usr/src/linux-4.19.56-Unraid, so yes , the unraid things works fine with the kernel I compiled.

4.19? Sorry I’m a bit confused. Wouldn’t 4.19 been quite a long time before this patch was made? I know nothing about unraid specifically

Unraid have some patches under /mnt/src which are some driver for unraid system function.
The kernel I compiled was 5.2.7 includes some patches for ryzen 3000

There have been a few BIOS updates since this post. Anyone know if they are safe?

yeah, I’ve been checking on that. Patch still definitely works up to AGESA 1.0.0.3 . I can’t say if it works for 1.0.0.3 ABB but I’m fairly sure it does. The only reason I haven’t updated to that one is because Asrock specifically says not to if you are using Pinnacle Ridge

1 Like