ATT Came to my House

I have had both competing ISP’s here in Canada come to my house they know my plan and try to get me to switch.
I always ask them if they provide gateway units as i dont want a combo unit They give up and leave.
I been happy with my Shaw internet for years as it works 99% of the time i get faster speeds then i pay for and the hardware works, i have no reason to switch.

This is satire/exaggeration right?

It can seriously go down half of the time you use the internet.

Edit:

Ah I see, also

Says this too. Makes more sense now.

Technically I am in the same situation, (for now), that is how the advertising over words it too. And certainly what you are saying happens here too, some services advertise 350mbps but can rarely sustain 100 during “peak hours”. infrequently go down like once a week maybe during aanexcessively busily period, but only for a minute or two, almost like it is switching some and refreshing the connection. And then the speed would suddenly be different, like they literally change their service during peak hours to accommodate everyone.

(edit: oh yeah they are making this advertising practice illegal in the UK soon I believe because of these things happening)

I however do not experience this. I am supposed to get 100mbps, and I do. Solidly. It is 98mbps to the house, after losses and things on the words in the house and unoptimised hardware (their home modem/router, it is ADSL) I get 88-92mbps at my PC over I think 20m of phone wire rj11 and another 10m of cat5e. My brothers PC is on the same router also wired and about 5 or 6 wireless things, like infrequent use WiFi on smart phones and heavy use for a set top box streaming Netflix or TV and a chrome cast for YouTube and Netflix. They get good speed too. Never drops, and does not randomly disconnect, if it does go down (last time it was construction digging up the cable for the town) it was only down until it was fixed which I must admit was 3 days but after that the connection was even more stable and has not gone down since. That was a few years ago.

Should also add I am in Ireland, not america.

I like the sound of that. Keep things more transparent. Get rid of as many asterisks and as much fine-print BS as possible.

I’m fine with slightly slower speed than advertised, like if they kept it within 20% of what is advertised I wouldn’t mind that much. Then that gives them a buffer for peak hours, while still keeping the speed reasonably close to what is advertised. But when you’re only getting 1/4 of the advertised speed, that shouldn’t be allowed.

1 Like

Is there a better package? That seems awful.

Could switch to another ISP, would be 50€ for 100/40.

1 Like

Why not? Are they terrible.

They had recent uptime problems. Might check on their stability early next year again.

1 Like

Buddy of mine went from a 6-figure, work two days a week executive position with TWC to a door-to-door salesman with charter because of the merger. They wouldn’t fire him, so to avoid paying severance, he was reassigned to that.

Door to door salesmen for a service. What the heck?

AT&T used to let you pay off your modem by the month then you would own it. Now since they are partners with Direct TV they are more horrible.

You won’t get the best internet service in the world through a phone line. The higher the speeds the more they are likely to go out during a rain or some other weather problems.

I am with Comcast/Xfinity. At least it is somewhat reliable.