Atrocious CSGO performance

Nah. I tried everything, but no success. I ended up just using windows for csgo, and linux for everything else.

You can run it on proton but you have to disable Shader Pre-Caching from steam settings. When it runs it will tell you that it is not responding just press ā€œwaitā€ and it should run fine.

Turns out now I have the same performance on both OSes. That said the 1600 no longer performs as good as it used to and even the 3600 I have. At least iā€™m pleased I donā€™t really have a ā€˜handicapā€™ anymore. In a way even better performance on Linux these days. Well the 3600 performed the same on both OSes, the 1600 I thought didnā€™t but after revisiting windows, turned out it did. Still got the same GPU, RX580. So its no Radeon thing.

Safe to say I wonā€™t be getting 500fps or even 300fps like I used to on the 1600. Even on Windows 7 which is eol. Windows 10 and Linux perform exactly the same.

Overall Iā€™m happy with Proton and wine gaming now. Even done some passthrough gaming in some cases. I did try running proton csgo but it wasnā€™t worth it even if it did run in Vulkan. Didnā€™t see better performance as I secretly hoped. Native just runs better and enabling steam runtime keeps it from missing fonts in distros such as Arch Linux or missing libs. I know its a bit outdated anyway this thread. Still using Linux to this day which is nice. I donā€™t know how long Iā€™ve been on Linux now? what like 2-3 years? Wow the time flys by quickly. Exactly the same amount of time DXVK and Proton came by and Linux Gaming has improved quite a lot since then. Iā€™ve been there since the moment DXVK was announced and even before that when I ran in Wine and lutris manually.

Thanks anyway.